“Great View and Grounds”
Review of Kula Lodge

Kula Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kula Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Kula
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haleakala Hwy
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The best part of Kula Lodge was the view. The grounds were really nice as well and the walk through the gallery was nice. I had the fish and chips for lunch and it was really good. The interior was really dated and reminded me of being in an old golf clubhouse from the 70s/80s that had never been redecorated. The service wasn't that good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice art work with "up country" settings and beautiful beach scenes that brought/evoke many fond memories.
Diane was engaging and attentive without being overtly sales hungery. We had a lot of laughs while conversing about the art work and some individual pieces.
One note regarding the stairway...a little steep and unique going down...exercise caution.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although we missed the sunset related to the clouds, my husband and I still had a good dinner at the Kula Lodge. It started when we pulled up and we were trying to figure out which door to go in and a gentleman coming out told us get the ribs, I just made them (my husband did and they were delicious) the wait staff was very friendly and showed concerns for my husband’s allergies. I had the special Ahi Tuna and the chef came out to make sure it was to my likely. We both wanted a big meal after exploring the road to Hana but the pizza looked amazing when you can see them putting it in a brick oven on the patio.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Even better than we remembered, A great place to stop for a snack when visiting Kula or going up Haleakala. The Pizza ( baked in a rock / stone oven.) was one of the best we have ever had.This is a must to visit even if only for the view.

Mahalo, Don & Dodie.

p.s. The gift shop next door offers some very unique items and is worth the visit as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are locals and before moving here we actually stayed at this lodge as well but the Goff experience had been hit or miss but the new chef is a winner. Menus are much more creative with more local dishes especially the fresh fish appetizers and entrees. The quality of the food has also gone up. While I have not recently experienced breakfast there, other friends have said they have enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank ArtfromMaui

Been to Kula Lodge? Share your experiences!