“It truly was a great tip!”

South Maui Fish Company
Ranked #2 of 196 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Local caught FRESH FISH. We sell only locally caught fresh fish. Our fish varies daily. Most days Ahi Poke, Fish tacos, Ceviche, Fish plates and Curry.IF we don't have fresh fish we may not be open or close early. EVERYTHING is made daily and to order. 5 stars for a reason. Served with Aloha. Family Owned and Opertated.
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Just had lunch at this amazing food truck. And indeed the fish taco was to die for! Great tip by the Tripadvisor crowd!

1  Thank Jeroen H

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This is a so-called food truck. Everything is cooked on the spot. Fresh fishes are available daily. Poke is also offered. I liked it very much !

Reviewed 8 August 2018

This was my first time buying fish from a truck and I had just seen a TV show making fun of doing this. I had a Hawaiian fish caught that day. The menu will change based on what they catch. It does not come any fresher. I had cole slaw and a nice cold beverage. This was my best tasting fish during my week stay where I paid 4x the amount for a less quality fish. It is missing the ambiance unless you enjoy parking lots and hopefully you get a seat with an umbrella. You are close by to beaches as a very nice alternative. This place is excellent and great service.

1  Thank trippjc
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Great food truck providing the freshest grilled fish in the area. Limited menu. Even purchased fresh pre-seasoned fish from them to BBQ ourselves one evening. Turned out wonderful. Go early as they often run out by evening.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

It looks like popularity equals lower quality food. I ordered the poke and rice. The rice was served with no furikake seasoning at all, no yummy sauce on top. What you see in people’s pictures is not what you get. I didn’t even get coleslaw with my order as a side. It’s supposed to
come with a yummy pineapple coleslaw. The poke was served hot, which really confused me. Poke should be served cold. Makes me wonder if their raw fish is sitting out in the Kihei heat spoiling with bacteria on it. I’m now home with a stomach ache and have an idea why... maybe it’s time the health department give them a visit. I don’t think we’ll be back. Bummer... it used to be so good. Oh, I almost forgot, the employee taking orders wouldn’t let me order mahi mahi for my family member. This was one of their fish of the day. Crazy. She kept pushing the ahi and wouldn’t stop. My niece doesn’t eat tuna, she didn’t want it. Because we didn’t order the ahi (and asked for the coleslaw on the side, not in the taco) our order took forever and other people were served before us. The reason I was given for our order taking so long was that it takes a lot longer to make a fish taco when they don’t put coleslaw in the tortilla. I’m so confused... it was like a twilight zone food truck experience. Absolute nonsense. I was so nice, aloha and all. The employee was pushy and not aloha. So disappointing.