Open today: 7:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Maui Classic Charters tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Kihei
from US$53.98
More Info
All reviews maui magic four winds ii glass bottom bbq lunch coral gardens snuba gear afternoon trip captain dan and his crew molokini crater underwater photographer colorful fish snorkeling trip cookies whale watching hit the spot sea sickness turtle town
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I found this company while looking for a SNUBA trip to Molokini crater. While the weather didn’t allow for us to make it to Molokini, I wasn’t disappointed as they were upfront about it and told me that they only make it to there on about 40% of the afternoon trips. Due to the time that my cruise ship arrived in port, the afternoon trip was my only option.
The trip itself out to coral gardens was still great, the captain and his crew were top notch.
They offered instruction for first time snorkelers, and they had a couple of lifeguards in the water watching out for people. Customer safety was a priority for them as well as fun. My wife had issues with the first mask that they gave her, and Captain Dan had a crew member get her another mask that fit a little different and better.
I honestly cannot comment on the glass bottom boat, as I was too busy and forgot to check it out.
After the snorkeling they serve up a great little BBQ lunch and open the bar for people to have a complimentary drink.
It was a really fun time out on the water and I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a snorkel or SNUBA trip.
I did try SNUBA and I found my biggest issue was that I wished my hose was longer :) I didn’t make it out to see Molokini, but I guess that means I have to do another trip to Hawaii, 3rd time is the charm?

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Although the weather didnt allow us to go to Molokini Crater, captain Dan and his crew gave us an awesome morning. This was a whale watching/snorkeling trip - a 2 for 1! Our alternative snorkeling spot at Coral Gardens proved to be amazing. Captain Dan was very knowledgeable and gave us lots of information on the whales we saw. Would definitely use this charter again. Kid friendly too!

1  Thank CurryinOntario
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We took our family of 5 which includes a 5 year old and 2 year old twins. The staff were all amazing and super encouraging and supportive of our young family! The glass bottom boat was a hit with our kids. I also loved the boats they have for kids to go out snorkeling. It allows the adult to snorkel and the child to ride on a boat with a glass square to look into the ocean too. We had a wonderful time!

2  Thank reecieb03
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We took the morning trip to Molokini Crater. A couple of people in our group had never snorkeled or done snuba before. Staff was awesome, friendly and very helpful. They gave plenty of instruction and kept a close eye on everyone in the water. Photos, food, etc were all great. We saw a number of whales, a couple of dolphins and a sea turtle while traveling to and from the Crater. Would definitely take their charter again. Availability of prescription lens mask provided at no charge allowed me to have a great experience. Everything was great. Great people!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I booked the combination snorkel at Molokini Crescent and whale watch. I was a bit apprehensive at first because of the size of the boat. It’s large and holds a lot of people. I didn’t want to feel jammed in. This ended up not being an issue at all. Plenty of room on the boat. The captain and the crew were all informative and provided excellent service throughout the trip. The boat is comfortable.
On the way out to the snorkel spot we spotted a few whales. Once at Molokini Crescent the crew secured the boat and we were able to snorkel. The snorkeling was great. We saw things we don’t see in the Caribbean which is where we normally vacation. Harold, the underwater photographer, was unbelievable. He captured the most amazing photos of my family which really are priceless!!!
After snorkeling lunch was served. Nothing fancy but tasted good and hit the spot after being in the water.
Then the whale part of the trip. WOW!!!! The captain found a competition pod for us to observe...wow...wow...wow! Tails were flapping, whales were breaching and blowing right in front of us. Truly breathtaking. We got what we came for.

Date of experience: February 2018