“Outstanding Captain and Crew”

Maui Classic Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Four Winds II is a 55 foot glass bottom catamaran, and is fondly referred to as "Maui's Family Fun Boat". Once on board, you'll soon discover why Maui's visitors consider this trip to be one of the best to Molokini or Coral Gardens. With a crew that is completely dedicated to your needs and providing you absolute fun, this trip is a must-do for families visiting Hawaii. The Four Winds II accommodates everyone and provides tons of fun on-deck or in the water snorkeling at top rated reef sites. The Maui Magic is designed for our adventurer's at heart. If you are an adventurer that likes the wind in your hair, getting a chance to see marine life up close in the wild and a more personalized setting... the Maui Magic is for you! The custom-built 54ft., state-of-the-art, fast and comfortable power catamaran is totally unique in every way. It allows the passengers to visit two snorkel spots daily on the trip. This is a true Hawaiian experience, with your captain sharing interesting and unusual facts about Maui's history, legends and culture.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I booked Maui Classic Charters because I figured my two smaller kids would get bored snorkeling and the Four Winds II had a water-slide. We had such a good time. The Captain was amazing engaging the kids, even let them steer the boat. He was very knowledgeable about the whales. We went immediately pre-whale season so we got the pleasure of a few early whale spot-tings. The crew was great, although I wish there were more available SNUBA spots. I had expected to see more fish life so was a little disappointed. The tour offered lunch BBQ- nothing fancy but very tasty. I would highly recommend Maui Classic Charters although I think next time we will try Turtle Town.

All reviews
"clear water"
"board"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 8 December 2017

During my trip to Maui the only activity I REALLY wanted to do was snorkel Molokini. I did a lot of research for the right outlet. Maui Classic Charter (MCC) advertise about smaller boat, longer time at the crater, didn't waist time at second 'turtle cove' spot, etc.

What I got was the complete opposite. Boat with 160 people, 1/2 were children under age of 8. Only stop made was to turtle bay, which they didn't announce why they change venues, only announced that they were changing venues AFTER we had already left harbor (i.e. not deciding not to go allowed).

I will never book an adventure with MCC ever again. Very disappointed and annoyed.

MauiClassicCharters, Manager at Maui Classic Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Aloha lmzipping,

Your review sounds like you are referring to the boat that docks directly next to us. Our boat only takes a maximum of 122 passengers and our snorkel destination is never Turtle Bay (Turtle Town). In the future, please make sure you have the correct company before writing a review.

Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss this further and I would be happy to explain our trips in detail.

Mahalo,
Nikki Andricci
sales@mauiclassiccharters.com
808-879-8188

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Our family of 4 enjoyed our trip on the Four Winds II. It was too rough the day of our tour to visit the scheduled Molikini Crater but were taken to an alternative spot that was good too. All of the crew were great, and you certainly will not go hungry at any time on board! We opted for the snuba gear ($$) and were very pleased we did so. We even swam alongside a sea turtle. Pictures available for a fee.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I can't say enough good things about the captain! During the night before our trip, a wild storm blew through causing rough water. Since the visibility was so poor and the water so rough, the captain wisely cancelled the trip. There were some disgruntled people but who wants to go out when you can't see anything? We rebooked for a later day (which was still rough) and had an exceptional time. On the way to Molokini, the captain spotted whales and took us close enough to see them without disturbing the mother with her calf.

Be prepared for some rough water. More than one snorkeler hurled in their masks and a few didn't make it off the boat. When the crew offer you home made ginger ale-drink it! It keeps sea sickness at bay.