“Fantastic sushi at a reasonable price.”
Review of Sushi Paradise

Sushi Paradise
Ranked #76 of 195 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

Locals love this sushi spot for a reason...you come here for great sushi and that's about it. Basic decor, straightforward but friendly service, and reasonable prices. Can't go wrong with the Chef's Sashimi selection (we were told he doesn't count the pieces...just puts what he thinks you will like on the platter), paired with the same sampler for $12 (for 5 shots).

Easy to tell that the chef has a lot of pride (and skill) in his work. A must try in Maui!

Reviewed 17 March 2016

I was told to give Sushi Paradise a try and where they right. I scheduled a late dinner reservation at 9pm and when I got there you could really tell that the place was a place where locals went to eat as I was probably the only non local eating at the restaurant. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy, they have a few small tables and the sushi bar, there is only one chef who does mostly everything himself at the sushi bar. I got to sit at the sushi bar and could see the chef preparing the orders and wow was he an artist at carving the fresh fish and putting all dishes together. I will say that for anyone in Maui looking for real sushi this is probably one of the best quality sushis I have tried in year. The quality of the fish was amazing, very fresh and full of flavor. This place was so good I ate there three times during my stay. I strongly suggest making reservations even for one person as it fills up quick and there is no take out.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

If you are going to eat sushi in Kihei, make a reservation and get the best in town at Paradise. It's a small operation, sushi chef and front of house hostess/server in the Longs strip mall. Get over the decor---you're there for the top class sushi. Fresh fish is aptly prepared by a master who loves what he does. It you can get a seat at the bar, you will see for yourself. The Rainbow Roll is a must. Like Uni? You will love it here. I don't think there is a bad item on the menu. And for $12 you can get a flight of top sakes to wash it all down. Humor the server, I bet you can get a smile out of her. This place will spoil you for anywhere else. Make a reservation or you may disappointed.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

If you don't like this place, it may be because of the wait to get in, the long wait to get served, or the lack of attention you might feel in such a tiny location. But make no mistake, this is, as we say, da kine sushi! Pricey...? Not for the portions you get. Fo' real!

There is no fresher tuna on the island and their avocado is the best I've had anywhere. They only serve what is good, and yes, the menu is small and basic, but that's because perfect is all they got.

Why do peeps hang out half hour before they open? Because when the madam feels like it's too crowded, she locks the door and no one else gets in. Ouch, it's happened to me too many times. Do yourself a favor and be there before it opens (maybe 5-6 times per week and no lunches).

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

My wife and I just dined here and were pleasantly surprised. I had the sashimi dinner and everything was fresh and delicious served by a very talented chef. My wife got the udon and she loved it. I have never tried a more rich and flavorful udon broth. Excellent, two thumbs up.

Been to Sushi Paradise? Share your experiences!