All reviews boutique resort rooftop deck breakfast was included hot tub bistro set borrow beach chairs across the street pool spa the penthouse small resort the entire staff nice breakfast lush gardens special thanks low key fresh pineapple watch the sunset
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This boutique resort was perfect for us. In the heart of Kihei, far away from the mega high-rise condos & hotels, we got a taste of the real Hawaii in yhis lovely town. The rooms are more than spacious, the gardens, pool & spa just lovely, and walking across the street to sit on the beach to watch sunsets far from crowds & noise -- pure perfection. Their location is easy for driving to explore many of Maui's treasures. My only hesitation in leaving this review is that I don't want so many people to discover it that it becomes inaccisble!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gwen H
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed in the 3 bedroom suite with my family and friends, and it was PERFECT! The suite is very spacious, has a beautiful large, new kitchen, and there is a washer and dryer in the unit. We loved being close to our loved ones, yet there was plenty of space to feel comfortable inside the suite. There is a delicious and plentiful breakfast included with a beautiful outdoor garden area to enjoy it with my group. The beach across the small road is amazing and essentially private. The management is friendly and the service is excellent. We loved our stay at Kohea Kai and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I have been to Maui many, many times and usually stay in a condo with my husband. This time I came on my own to visit a friend and for some self care. I booked thru a package with Alaska Air. It sounded like a good mix for me. Breakfast served daily. Washer and dryer on site and a kitchenette in the room.
The location is on South Kihei road but on the North end. The beach is across the street and very quiet and private. I went over everyday to watch the sunset. It is dimmable. I did not try and snorkel.
Your other alternative for The sunset in the resorts roof top area. Big area with very comfortable furniture to lounge on.
I am not sure when the resort itself was built but it seems the building are a bit older. That said all the important things have been remodeled and I found everything to be SO clean. My room was pristine. I was afraid with only a kitchenette it would lack in utensils or cooking implements. It did not. I had everything I needed.
The grounds. They are gorgeous. Only an older property can have such established and beautiful grounds. Just lovely gardens and seating through out. And it was beyond peaceful and quiet. The pool is lovely. It is small but when I used it daily there was maybe 1 other person there so it was never crowded. There is a separate hot tub. These areas are also maintained perfectly. There is also an area where you can do your laundry, get ice and borrow anything you would need for day trip and to go to the beach. They even have a table to leave any left over sun lotion, bug spray etc and if it is there you are welcome to it!
The people. What can I say. They were all wonderful. Each and every one of them was friendly. Helpful. Conversational with our being intrusive. I almost felt more like part of a family. It was a lovely feeling as I was there on my own.
What none of them knew was why I was there alone. For the past years I cared for my mom in my home supported by our local hospice service. At the end of May I lost her. I have been struggling with deep grief and I spend my days in my home with constant reminders. I needed to be away. Feel safe. Have a change. This resort so far exceeded everything I expected and was exactly what I needed. I cannot imagine we will not stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Oregonroadtripper
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed at the Kohea Kai hotel for two nights in an “ocean view king bed” room and we were very happy with it.

The complimentary breakfast includes juice, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, packaged pastries, bagels, toast and coffee/tea. Having breakfast in the sunny courtyard was a great start to each day.

The only negative was a lack of close-by dining options for lunch and dinner. We did have dinner one night at the nearby Isana Japanese restaurant. Avoid this restaurant!!

A special thanks to the magnificent Molly at the front desk for great local knowledge and for just being an excellent human being. Also thanks to Robin who ensured breakfast was always great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boio
GMKoheaKai, General Manager at Kohea Kai Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Aloha Boio,

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Kohea Kai. We're thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for mentioning our beautifully facilities and our value. We also very much appreciate your comment about the service our stellar staff provided - we truly believe they provide the best hospitality in Hawaii. We look forward to welcoming you on your future visits! Mahalo - Kohea Kai

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This hotel is perfectly located to discover the all island of Maui. Staff is very friendly & rooms are very clean.
The breakfast should be upgraded as the food was the same for our 4 days (a little bit boring...) and expected to have fresh food like fresh fruits, fresh pastries... etc.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jul7474

Aloha Jul7474,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and giving us such a great endorsement. We are currently looking into more options for breakfast to give it more variety. We do hope to see you again during a return trip to our hotel. Until then, we extend to you a very warm, aloha and mahalo.