“Our dream Hawaiian family retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
patricia...
Hearst, Canada
“Our dream Hawaiian family retreat”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This incredible family plantation like home was perfect for our family reunion of 10 adults; ourselves and our four children accompanied by their significant others. Each couple had a beautiful room, with with en-suites and large walk in closets. The other bathroom was beautiful and well equipped. The kitchen was enormous with high end appliances and a griddle for our morning pancake ritual. We brought our own maple syrup from Canada but quickly accepted the delicious lilikoi butter; part of our welcome gift, as staple pancake dressing. We prepared most of our meals at the house and were able to seat the whole gang comfortably in the dining room. The BBQ was put to good use. We missed our own sharp cutting knives for food prep but we are a family of foodies and bought our own. There were luxuries we appreciated like the Nespresso machine and milk frother, the gas stove, the enormous refrigerator, the dishwasher and made good use of the washer dryer conveniently located in the garage. The grounds were exquisite and a welcome haven when we came back from a day at the beach or hiking. The chickens provided us with fresh eggs and we loved their happy greeting when we arrived home. I spent most morning sipping my coffee rocking on the patio rockers waiting for the others to join me.

It rained almost everyday but we welcomed the cool rain after a day of adventures on the island and the rain lulled us to sleep at night and kept the house cool. The island is small and we managed to get out to surf, snorkel, hike and even took a Road to Hana tour and everything was within an hour's drive. We chose the house because it was away from the hustle and bustle of the vacation rentals on the west coast and for us it was the perfect choice.

Colleen, the owner, was available and a phone call or a short walk away and always helpful. We appreciated the lovely welcome gift; the colourful table cloth is on my table now hoping a bit of Hawaii it will melt the snow away.

This was the first time all 10 of us were able to be together and I could not have chosen a better venue. Thanks to Colleen and Trip advisor for helping me make this choice

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity of the grounds
Liked least: no sharp cutting knives but that was the only minor detail missing for us and quickly remedied with a trip to Piai
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 May 2014
Thank you for your gracious and kind review. Your family is so wonderful. I enjoyed my luncheon with your daughter and her significant other from Hong Kong who arrived early. They are lovely as are the rest of you!! I am sorry for the rain, but it is beyond my control. I am so happy that you enjoyed the rain and our property. We did buy some new sharp, high quality knives at your recommendation! Thank you for that wonderful recommendation from you as foodies. I also wish to thank you for the wonderful Canadian ice wine and maple syrup. You are all so kind! I hope to see you again and wish you and your wonderful family the very best! Thanks for being our guests.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing