All reviews sports bar malibu farm golf course four seasons resort breakfast buffet ocean front high tech state of the art partial ocean view adult pool larry ellison private island every employee sweetheart rock lush gardens utv tour rescue birds
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my 5yo boy and had a wonderful time. Resort is absolutely beautiful, the views are incredible, rooms are off the charts, gardens are spectacular, excellent food and lovely service from the most warm and kind staff. Fantastic beach too.

Nobu was wonderful as was Malibu Farm, the Sports bar and one forty very good too. Special thanks to Crystal and Erica from Nobu who were so lovely and to Paola who oversaw the sports bar and one forty.

The Spa was excellent and all the treatments were the best, thanks Jason, Kino and Rita!

My boy loved the kids club with Pam, Rae and Rochelle - he misses you already! And I can’t forgot Mayumi from the pool who looked after us each day.

We also hired a Jeep which was heaps of fun, did the snorkeling trip (fantastic) and visited the ranch for a horse ride.

It would be hard to imagine a more luxurious experience and if there’s a better resort on this planet then I’d like to see it. It’s the staff that make the difference here and thank you for making us so welcome on your lovely island!

Also highly recommend the Lana’i Air transfer on the way over, so easy and seamless!

Mahalo!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Ants48
Alastair M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lanai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha Ants48
Thank you for your lovely Tripadvisor review from your family stay with us at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i. All of your wonderful comments are sincerely appreciated, especially your comment on our "most warm and kind staff" and how they made the difference in your stay. I will certainly pass on your positive notes to those you mentioned, who provided an extra special touch; in the restaurants, pool, spa and Kids For All Seasons. It is also great to see your recommendation of our Lana’i Air transfer, which is indeed "so easy and seamless!".
Your Lana'i home awaits your return.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Slice of heaven. 5 stars seems to understate the awesome experiences.
As a solo traveler this time, feeling immediately welcomed and at home was key. I will return again. Lots to explore. Will go up to Garden of the Gods and plan to stay the afternoon to watch Apollo make his arc in the sky. Grateful.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank JD98040

Aloha JD98040
I am delighted you would chose to return to your 'slice of heaven' and thank you for your Tripadvisor review from your stay with us, at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i. It is important that you felt 'immediately welcomed and at home', so you can relax, as we all seem to have such hectic schedules these days. I look forward to welcoming you back to your Lana'i home.
Mahalo,

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Absolutely loved out time at Four Seasons - was the perfect getaway for our belated honeymoon.

The room was spacious, well designed and immaculate from the bedding to the bathroom to our little patio area what was nicely secluded with the plants around it. Toilet equipped with bidet, dyson hair dryer, quality bathroom products.

The staff were all very warm and welcoming and really went out of their way to ensure you had a fabulous stay.

There are a nice amount of daily activities you can take part in or just lounge about by the pools/beach as you please.

The surroundings of the resort was peaceful and very well manicured and they also have rescued birds on site that are looked after by their staff.

Food was great and if you wanted to get out of the resort the complimentary shuttle was a great inclusion during the day.

Cannot wait to return again in the future to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlene_veverka
Alastair M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lanai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Aloha charlene_veverka,
Many thanks for your lovely Tripadvisor review of Four Seasons Resort Lana'i and I loved to read that you "absolutely loved" your stay as the "perfect getaway" for your belated honeymoon. You make mention of our Toto toilets and Dyson hair dryers, which do seem to keep being talked about, certainly they're well photographed on social media. I am also delighted you got to enjoy the warm hospitality of our dedicated Lana'i team. We also cannot wait for you to return, your Lana'i home awaits you.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The definition of paradise, luxury and incredible customer service. Surpassed all our expectations of what this trip might be. Incredibly attentive staff, could not do enough to aid and assist in whatever the situation. Costly? Yup....but trust me....when value exceeds expectations by this much, the money becomes a non-issue

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons

Aloha Jonathan G,
What an absolutely fabulous review and your description of Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i as the '... definition of paradise, luxury and incredible customer service ..." is a joy to read. I am delighted we managed to surpass all your expectations, especially with our "incredibly attentive staff". I am absolutely accept that we are expensive but your quote "... when value exceeds expectations by this much, the money becomes a non-issue" really says it well ! Your Lana'i home awaits your return.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

My husband and I came to Lanai for a little R&R babymoon. We love Hawaii and the Four Seasons brand never disappoints (we are big fans of the FS Hualalai on Big Island). We had never been to Lanai so were excited to come out. The island is very quiet and the main economy seems to be all around the hotel. The resort was really lovely--beautiful beach, accessible trails close by, relaxing spa and wonderful gym. All the pools were great with plenty of chairs so you don't feel like you're constantly jockeying for great ocean view spots (unlike at FS Maui). The staff was courteous and professional--restaurant service was spot on. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quiet getaway. The FS Lanai Lodge is still under construction so not possible to stay/explore the lodge in town but all the activities are located close by to it (skeet shooting was fun) although we did enjoy the boat/fishing tour arranged by the hotel which is much closer to the resort to explore the beautiful ocean.
I will mention one small issue we had--there was a bit of an ant problem in our room--everyday many small ants swarming the bar area no matter how much we cleaned it, avoided leaving any open snacks/drinks in the area or cleared away whatever we could. It was a persistent problem limited to just that area only (I cannot speak to if other rooms had this issue).
The staff was very helpful in trying to address and housekeeping did clean it regularly but I do think stronger services would need to be called in to get rid of the problem completely (as everyday the ants came back). We were unable to change rooms since I believe resort was relatively full at that time. We completely understand that in hotels situated in more outdoorsy areas that a little bit of bugs may appear once in a while due to natural habitat--but this was def more of a continual issue.
The resort was wonderful so we do try to keep in perspective that it was a mild inconvenience in terms of big picture...but it was a bit stressful every time coming back to the room to constantly wipe ants away to keep the mini-population in check around the bar area during a relaxing babymoon.
To staff and management credit, when we bring this up they did do their best to address situation and did credit us a bit on our bill for the inconvenience at the end (and hopefully they can call in ant control to avoid future issues permanently). Overall--we really didn't want this to impact our trip and still enjoyed our time at FS and what the island has to offer.

Room Tip: We had garden view room but if Ocean View rooms were available during our stay I'm sure they would have been worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha Patty C
I am delighted that you overall had a very enjoyable babymoon at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i and you got to enjoy the extensive island activities, especially the sporting clays and the boat/fishing tour, whilst still able to relax around our pools. My apologies for the ant issue, which I will further follow up with my team on. I wish you smooth sailing in your months ahead with your pregnancy and I look forward to welcoming you back, as an extended family, to your Lana'i home.