1,870 results
All reviews coconut marketplace ocean front sand bar free dvd rentals parking lot oceanfront room small kitchenette trees lounge overflow parking fridge and microwave third floor general store partial ocean view every morning coffee maker hot tub no elevator
Reviewed 18 May 2016

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in May 2016 as a part of an anniversary trip. It was fine and my review rating would be higher, except for one main thing. I booked this hotel through Trip Advisor and chose it mostly for location and price. Those were both good and the room and property was a good value. However, even though I prepaid through trip advisor I was hit with and "Amenities Fee" of $18/day. That was a very disappointing way to end my stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chad F
AIOBManager, Manager at Aston Islander on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Aloha,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Aston Islander on the Beach. We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the room and property accommodations.
Most properties have an amenity fee, and the inclusive varies from property to property. Unlimited complimentary DVDs, daily newspaper, local Kauai calls will be at no charge, in room internet access as well as lobby area, in room coffee, laundry room access, complimentary morning coffee, tea and chocolate service daily, and we will print your boarding passes, are all part of the amenity fee here at the Aston Islander on the Beach.
The amenity fees are collected directly by the hotel, and is not part of the room and tax when booking online.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we certainly do hope we will have the honor of once again welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Amazing views across the Pacific. Really lovely and quiet condo/ hotel complex with well maintained gardens set by the ocean.
Sea was a little rough during our stay but still able to swim and snorkel but conscious of the rip tides so be careful . Lovely flowers, lots for bird life and saw several turtles right in front of the property! Must also add that Chris the bar lady was excellent - she made everyone feel very welcome and always remembered your name! Makes a mean Mai Tai too so be warned.
Booked our apartment through Krellers Getaway, Brad could not be more helpful - he did everything he could to ensure we had a fantastic time.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skifans
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

This was the first time staying here and we would do so again. We stayed on the third floor oceanfront and we loved listening to the sounds of the ocean. It had a homey feel to it. The hospitality was great and the pool and hot tub were heavenly. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one. We'll be coming back for sure!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caryl P
AIOBManager, Manager at Aston Islander on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Aloha,
Thank you for the time to comment on your recent stay at the Aston Islander on the Beach, and for your wonderful comments. We are very pleased to hear we have made your stay a memorable one. We certainly do hope we will have the honor of serving you once again. It was a pleasure having you as our guest...

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed here a week in two different units both on the third floor. As someone mentioned there are no elevators but then again walking up and down helped with all the goodies I had eaten. First unit was a partial ocean garden view and we enjoyed it very much. Next unit was full ocean views, very nice but from my experience with it now I think I might pass next time and take the partial view. My reason is the wind coming off the ocean was quite strong and if the slider and front door was opened at the same time it would clean off the table in the room. It's not that I disliked it I just think you could save some money with the partial view. Rooms were clean but small which is ok we basically just slept there. I liked the location pretty much in the middle of the island so going either way was easy. We found many nice places to eat within easy walking distance. If and when we come back I will definitely think about staying here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John K
AIOBManager, Manager at Aston Islander on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Aloha,
Although there are occasions when trade winds are strong, for most of the time throughout the year we have a more mellow breeze.
As mentioned by so many others, being centrally located will take you going either way to close by shopping, dining and many activities. Going one way in one day and the other the next day will cover the entire island with stops to the many points of interest of our little Island of Kauai.
Thank you for your comments and we do hope we will the honor to serve you once again.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

I have stayed here 3 times so far. Last time being my honeymoon. It is located behind a plaza that has several stores to browse through and some places to eat. Hotel sits right on the beach, which is just a short walk from any room you stay in during your vacation. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They have movie rental machines for the rainy days. The pool is very well maintained. Tiki bar always has a friendly bartender and a delicious cocktail menu to choose from. As you sit at the pool or tiki bar you can watch the waves come in on the beach. Their beach is a beautiful spot to watch the sun rise. Hotel is very quiet day and night. The landscape is so pretty. They also offer and laundry mat on site to guests only. Only bad thing I can say is that the parking is VERY limited. After a long day in the sun and driving around the island you just want to park you car and get to your room. It can be very frustrating. I will be staying here again if I ever get the chance to go back to the island.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jo9837

Aloha,
Sand Bar is the name of our poolside bar. A short walk from any room to the beach, a shopping plaza just across from us, movie rentals, laundry facility, beautiful sunrises, pretty landscape is a perfect description of the Aston Islander on the Beach.
There are plans to reconstruct our parking area which will give us more parking stalls, as parking can be challenging at times. Overflow parking is still available.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Thank you for returning to us for the third time and we look forward to once again have the pleasure and honor of welcoming you back.