15 people are viewing this hotel
US$470
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$459
ZenHotels.com
US$431
Hilton.comUS$470
Hotels.comUS$470
FindHotelUS$459
All reviews huge complex hgvc members boat ride beautiful resort our night stay sand beach fish dolphin quest main pool full kitchen the big island hilton waikoloa village sea turtles pools ocean grounds slides
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2021

I am extremely unhappy with the service here extremely for starters when I first came I seen a flying roach inside of my room and I even called down to the front desk and they told me that all they can do is come and spray but at that point I'm in the room so I do not want them coming into my room due to Covid while I'm here and I'm kind of curious where it came from until I pulled back the curtain and seen that it was a hole in the wall and I'm almost certain that's where it came from not to mention it's extremely hot in this room and found out that the AC does not work whatsoever not to mention when we were trying to watch TV we cannot even just do something as simple as that because it seems like every other channel it's just completely black and says no signal not to mention I spend money inside of you guys resort at expensive restaurants and things like that just so we can eat some decent food but it was a huge inconvenience at the fact that we would have left overs so of course would like to utilize that to eat so we can save a little bit of money but could not do that due to the fact that you guys had no microwave in here whatsoever and then when I try to request a microwave I was told that I will be charged $30 if I would like a microwave for them to bring up to my room that is very unacceptable

1  Thank imanishuttleworth21
HGV Resorts, Owner at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we appreciate you bringing to our attention the areas that need more focus. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments in efforts of improving our guests' experience.

Reviewed 22 April 2021

The location was both isolated and outdated. The walk to the building from the lobby was long and the trams were barely running. There were no close-by food options and no room service. The hotel felt shut down. Everything was far and difficult to get to. Coming and going from the “resort” was a chore. They don’t mention how far you’ll be from anything and that leaving the campus will take 30 min. Being pregnant and tired, it was miserable. Then there was the construction that started outside of our room at 8am in the morning. The room hadn’t been updated since at least the 90’s. Honestly, I couldn’t imagine a more inconvenient experience and would never book a Hilton resort again after this experience. Then, being forced to partake in the 2-hr ownership pitch ... what a joke. If you want people to buy into Hilton as a trusted vacation brand, work a little hard to provide a bare minimum decent customer experience. I expected so much more. We regretted our choice to stay there.

3  Thank Corey P
HGV Resorts, Owner at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2021

Thank you sharing your recent experience. I sincerely apologize that our amenities and dining options were limited during your stay. We will continue to open areas as permitted and hope to be in full operation soon. All hotel rooms are scheduled for a complete renovation, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to a newly renovated room in the near future.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 21 April 2021

We are loyal Hilton member and only stays at Hilton property and have stayed not only in the United States but all over the world. That being said, I will not stay in this hotel again. First night - my 9 year old daughter and I were not able to sleep because of the noisy bed. We've requested to move into different room the following morning. We were moved into another room, room 8012. AC was set to 57 degrees, but the room is not cooling off to add to the insult, the mini bar is not cooling off as well. Called the front desk, two hours later nothing. I used the app to communicate and document this request. After four hours, someone came to check the mini bar, issue was not corrected, mini bar is still not working. Another maintenance person arrive to "fix" the AC. Technician replaced the nasty filter, however, AC is still not cooling off. Two hours later, this is now 11:20 PM, room is still not cooling off. Sent another message through the app and finally walked to the front desk. Amy at the front desk is very accommodating and she tried to assist with the issue. Maintenance arrived after 10 minutes. Maintenance person stated that the AC is working just fine, however, it is too small. He used his equipment to find what the temperature that is coming out of the AC and kept on insisting that it the AC is pushing 65 degrees, the AC is now set to 40 degree. I've told the maintenance person to go next to our bed. He agreed that AC is not cooling the room, it is only cooling the spot that it is blowing the "cold" air, maintenance now offer to provide a fan to help cool the room. I've finally had enough and walked downstairs again and requested to be moved into different room. I will never recommend this hotel at all. The only reason why we did not checked out is because of Amy who tried her very best to fix the issue.

2  Thank dawnreyesboyd

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate teams for correction.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Our overll stay here was nice. Staff and the grounds are really great. The rooms are basic but for me its just a place to sleep. Very expensive for food and the options are limited (expensive is to be expected).

Two major issues
1. The grounds are not ADA accessible to almost all the pools. You can get to main pool one way with a wheelchair or stroller. Forget the other pools because all you have is nothing but steps (many many steps)

2.For crying out loud Hilton, Heat your pools like every other hotel in Hawaii Island. It doesn’t have to be warm but it doesn’t have to be 60 degrees either. Everyone i spoke to felt like the pools were too cold

Other than that, it was beautiful and it was a great stay overall.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate you bringing the areas that need more focus to our attention. Your feedback is important in efforts of improving our guests' experience. I sincerely apologize that our amenities and dining options are still limited. We will continue to open areas as permitted and hope to be in full operation soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2021

We had a lovely stay in Ocean Tower in April 2021. First off - if you purchased the promo with HGV (with the presentation) - talk to an agent about upgrading. The package deal is only for a basic room. We upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo and it was LOVELY, spacious and made our stay fantastic.
The facility is HUGE and the check in for Ocean Tower is in the tower itself. You do need to park farther away and walk or take the tram - this was okay for us because the weather was lovely and after flying all day, we liked the walk, BUT the signage was not well done and there was no one really helping us figure out where to go. It's just a little off putting when you are tired.

Services were still fairly limited while we were there. That being said, they were upfront about this and gave us a list of what things were offered and the times they were offered. The food items we did have were okay, but not really worth the price (except the span masubi at the pool was the best deal in the place).

The pools and outdoor spaces are wonderful. We enjoyed all of the pools and especially snorkeling in the salt water area in the resort for our first time. The kids saw many fish and sea turtles while snorkeling.

The condo was well equipped and we made sure to go to the grocery and purchase some items to have in the room. We usually did breakfast and some heavy snacks in the room - and beverages - much cheaper out in town than at the bar. That being said - we did purchase a drink (alcohol) at the pool twice and the coffee bar (non-alcohol) a couple of times and they were all very good.

The presentation for HGV was located at a different resort, which was fine. We liked our presenter and didn't feel super pressured to buy, although they do offer a lot of incentives.

All in all, we had a great trip and enjoyed ourselves. We aren't huge resort people, so we took it for what it was and liked the space a lot.