5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$311
travelup.comUS$246
PricelineUS$292
2,382 results
All reviews coconut island ocean view banyan trees mauna kea banyan drive the big island liliuokalani gardens close to the airport japanese garden hotel restaurant national park mini fridge stayed one night lobby bay balcony volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend spent most of the days out and about but the room had a nice bathroom and the bed was comfortable. Mini fridge worked great for our left overs. And a nice balcony for mornings I wake up before my boyfriend to enjoy the birds songs. We didn’t use any other amenities on this trip. Parking was convenient because we park on the bottom to prevent us from getting rained on while we go up the the room.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

When my plans to stay at a friend's place didn't fall through, I asked my taxi driver to take me to the nearest hotel and brought me here. Though it was last minute, they were able to accommodate me with a room to stay in for the week. There service is outstanding as well as the view that they provided me with my room. This place is clean and very friendly and there restaurant in the lobby, I gotta say that they have the makings to be one of the best restaurants here in hawaii

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 31 March 2022

The grounds were beautiful. Street had some gorgeous banyan trees. The parking was easy. Location was great - it was easy to walk to the beach (to watch the outrigger canoes practice), the nearby gardens, the bay, etc. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but had a good stay. Beds were good, rooms were clean - ours looked out over the bay for a 5 star view. One of the best hotel you'll find in Hilo. Watched the families playing and joggers in the park out front. Would stay here again

1  Thank 28PJM28
Reviewed 24 March 2022

Whenever my company has business on the Big Island, Hilo side, we stay at this Hotel. The staff is super friendly and helpful. If you can get on a higher floor, it's better since the sound of the Koki frogs isn't quite as loud as on the lower floors. The Big Island really is like Jurasic park without the dinosaurs.

The restaurants are reasonably priced, the food is really good. If you've never had Miso Butterfish, you need to try it here (Don't forget to ask for shoyu for your rice - takes it over the top). The massive prime rib dinner can shared by two hungry people, and the Grand Local Moco for breakfast comes with all the meats listed - spam and portugese sausage and bacon and hamburger steak, two eggs, rice gravy all over. Ono!

Room tip: The higher the better because of the Koki frogs "singing" at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2022 via mobile

I would have given a 2 but the view was nice. Old hotel that needs desperately needs upgrade. Beds uncomfortable. Thin sheets and no bottom sheet?? Not super clean. Even the patio needed a good scrub. Small rooms and definitely NOT deluxe. Extremely Disappointed as this was first trip to Hilo.

Room tip: Breakfast ends at 10. Wifi connection is weak. Good parking. Rooms not deluxe.
Trip type: Travelled with family