“Home Away From Home!”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the private Lanai/Patio
Lopaka's front entrance Private Lanai (10' X 20')
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lopaka's front entrance
Private Lanai (10' X 20')
Corner of Lanai
Kitchen
Pineapple in the garden
From Dining Room into Kitchen
From Kitchen to Dining and Living Rooms
Hula Girl hibiscus in the garden
Coconut island, Hilo
Family fun at Coconut Island
Nearby Boiling Pots
Snowcapped Mauna Kea
Halema`uma`u Crater (Volcanoes National Park)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Roseville, California
“Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Our accommodations at Lopaka's Family Lodge in Hilo were "Outstanding"! Although we had a late arriving flight, Bev was very gracious about greeting us with a warm smile, presenting us with Hawaiian leis and providing us with a bag of fresh ground coffee beans to start our day off! Our home was centrally located on a hillside with a fabulous view from the covered rear deck of Hilo Bay. The inside was very tastefully decorated and immaculately cleaned. Bev has taken great care in providing all the amenities you need, but probably won't find anywhere else you stay. If Kilauea and the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park are on your "To Do List" then Lopaka's is only 30 - 35 minutes drive away. We also had a late evening departing flight time, but let Bev know ahead of time and she was kind enough to allow us to stay longer than the customary check-out time at no additional charge. We travel frequently and have stayed at many hotels, timeshares, etc. as guests. When we stayed at Lopaka's, Bev treated us as family. We look forward to visiting the Big Island again and will definitely stay at Lopaka's. Mahalo Bev for showing us the Aloha Spirit!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amenities and cleanliness of this property.
Liked least: Nothing negative - exceeded our expectation!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 May 2014
Aloha and Mahalo!
It is my guests and their appreciation that makes this so rewarding. I appreciate your comments and tips, and will definitely look forward to your return.
A hui hou (until then), Aloha,
Beth H
Oceanside, California
“So relaxing...felt like "home"!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Lopaka's and had a wonderful, relaxing, and memorable time! Bev was a wonderful hostess, always available when needed, yet we felt we had plenty of privacy. (We wished we could've had more time to get to know this wonderful lady!) The lanai was a beautiful place to have coffee every morning and watch the sunrise. Be sure to check out Rainbow Falls which is only about 1 mile away. The home is just as beautiful and clean as it looks in the pictures (no false advertising! :-) ) We took time to visit several places on the Big Island, but also enjoy our little home away from home. We would highly recommend Lopaka's Family Lodge! (Bev, I already miss Samson and it was so nice to chat with you a bit before we left!) Mahalo, from Scott & Beth

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Feeling of being in a home instead of hotel
Friends getaway Older travelers
26 Nov 2013
Mahalo Scott & Beth for your positive comments!
I am so pleased that you had a wonderful experience here, and hope you will return someday soon. It would have been fun to get to know you better. Samson will be watching for you. :)

Aloha,
Louisiana
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
11 Nov 2013
Mahalo nui loa Pat!
I'm blushing here from your wonderful review. Lopaka's is a special place, and I care about my guests and will do everything I can to help each of them have a great experience while here. I was happy to have been able to help get you both on the road (no pun intended) to enjoyment of the Big Island. I'm also delighted to have made a new friend.
Aloha,
Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
1 Nov 2013
Hau`oli la Hanau Bruce!
I'm so grateful for your thoughtfulness and great review, but I am especially pleased that you were able to see and do so much during your short time here at Lopaka's.
You were so kind to help me with mounting the clothesline. Future guests will have you to thank that it is solidly secured for their use.

A great big MAHALO to you and Natalie. I enjoyed you so much.
Benwellpa...
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I had 3 weeks to explore the Hawaiian Islands and spent 1 week in Hilo to visit Volcanoes National park both on foot and in the air. We selected this holiday home in view of the excellent reviews and its location. Having now returned home and re-read the reviews they are 100% accurate and we cannot disagree with one word. Bev has really made this a home from home and every single thing you could want was here. I will not regurgitate other reviewers information just say ditto to it all. It is 5 star and we could not find fault. Bev is an excellent host, knowing when to chat and supply local information and when to leave you in peace and quiet to chill out and relax. We spent many an hour sat on the Lanai, reading, drinking and taking in the views even in the pouring rain. There is something “earthy” about being close to nature in a rain storm but not getting wet. Don’t worry too much as the rain mainly fell in the early mornings and evenings with still plenty of sunshine during the day to explore the island.
We had a helicopter flight over Volcanoes NP with Blue Hawaiian which is a must. Be warned that flights can be cancelled due to bad weather (it took us 3 attempts). Another full day was driving to the park, around the rim, and down the chain of craters road to the sea. Plus a walk through a lava tube. All excellent.
Very disappointed with Rainbow Falls as just a drizzle despite the heavy rain. However Akaka falls were much better and only a few miles away.

Liked best: 1 views 2 accommodation in its entirety 3 friendliness of owner
Liked least: Nothing!!
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
25 Sep 2013
Mahalo for your thoughtful comments!

I appreciate your taking the time; especially as it was unsolicited. You are so very kind.

I'm also very pleased that you got to do and see so much during your week here and that you shared those experiences with others in your review. Sorry that Rainbow falls was a disappoint. That is a very rare occurrence due to the lack of rain for so many weeks prior to your visit.

It made me happy to hear that you had made it home safe and sound.

Best wishes to you always,
Bev (& Samson)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing