Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,073 results
All reviews harmony house bamboo garden beautiful waterfall jade cottage jasmine room the main house the big island off the beaten path macadamia nut other guests balcony overlooking paddle boards bed and breakfast stayed longer minute drive downtown hilo laid back
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2022

We had a wonderful 3 nights at the Inn and wished we had at least one more. The setting is just so peaceful and gorgeous, with a nice walking path through the bamboo forest. You can swim, kayak or paddle board in the water at the bottom of the waterfall if it's at a safe level (you have to ask before you go in.) We were able to go in 1 out of the three days we were there. The staff is friendly and were great with my daughter who is a bit of a handful. There are resident dogs and cats that she LOVED petting, that alone made this one of her favorite things about our trip. Alice the cat did come right in our room through the balcony (we were warned by the owner to keep our doors closed since we have allergies, but I had the balcony door open while I was in the room.) I was able to help her out, though she was trying her best with me, purring and everything. Breakfast is not a gourmet affair, it's pretty simple but so nice to not have to leave and go find a place to eat and the view from the deck during breakfast can't be beat. Mosquitos were surprisingly not a big problem. I did get bit by 3 on a morning walk, but other than that, didn't encounter any. And mosquitos LOVE me, so 3 bites in 3 days is pretty darn good, given the lush growth and water in that area. I do wish they could build another section of deck and have some couches or something there so you can lounge there and enjoy the view of the waterfall. That would be the one change I wold make.

Room tip: The third bed in our room was pretty short, Fine for our 8 year old, but not sure if it would work for a taller teen or adult.
Reviewed 15 April 2022 via mobile

The setting of this inn is truly extraordinary. The water fall is gorgeous and the sound is wonderful. Our room was quite nice, but not special. The mold on the windows was a bit icky. The common areas could also use some cleaning and paint. Breakfast was fine for a day, but repetitive and not particularly well prepared. The problem, however is really a lack of professionalism from the management (which was invisible) and the staff. No one was out and out rude, but they were not friendly. When they served breakfast late, no apology. When they “forgot” to make coffee, there was no apology and no effort to remedy it. I don’t know the background, but it felt a bit like a former spiritual retreat of some kind, converted to an inn and all a bit gone to seed. On balance, it was nice for a day, three days was too long and I can’t recommend it for the price.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tkhuffaker
Reviewed 12 April 2022

Loved this B&B. Seriously lovely property with beautiful bamboo/flora on the grounds and incredible waterfall vistas. Rooms were spacious and bed was incredibly comfortable. The walk around the property was highlight for us. Alice, one of the resident cats, walked the entire bamboo/falls loop trail with us. We missed our 2 kitties from home and her presence and company during the walk was very special.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 30 March 2022 via mobile

Magica! Finally was able to pursue a dream of not only swimming in a waterfall, but paddleboarding too!
The chef’s tasting dinner menu was also incredible! Excellent food, wine and a fun, inventive and skilled chef!
We felt so lucky to visit this magical place for a night. Followed up by viewing Volcano National Park. Also incredible!

Room tip: Book the chef’s dinner! Go swim in the waterfall!
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2022

We stayed for 2 wonderful night with my family in this marvelous hostel, a diamond hidden in the jungle. Quiet, beautiful site, with a sweet waterfall back sound. Amazing view from our room. Clean, peaceful, with a raffined asiatic decoration. Warming welcome and nice staff. great breakfast, staring the waterfall. Abondant food and drinks are freely available. Very close to Hilo, or the botanical garden, the location is perfect. Isolated, with few rooms, it s a beautiful experience, in the nature. It s definitely one of my favorite and I recommend It +++. Stay that way please.

Room tip: all rooms are amazing but higher floor is the best to enjoy the waterfall