All reviewsroad noisegrand tetonsspa bathbuy icethe room was super cleanjackson holefront windowice machinewinter seasonhot showerbusy highwayslept greatfirst flooryellow stoneoffice staffclose to townroom amenities
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This hotel was good for the 4 of us. The location was perfect, close to the National Park, close to town, but away from the busy. It looks directly over the Elk Refuge so would be wonderful in winter when there are elk there. Parking is right in front of our room.
The room was small and nothing fancy but who stays in the room in Jackson! The price was good as far as Jackson Hole hotels go. The young man at the front desk was very nice and helpful!

Room Tip: Room 102 has a half size window and is under a stairway. Rooms on the back side face a hill no the refuge.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Chad S, General Manager at Elk Refuge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thanks for the review Colleen, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My family and I stayed at Elk Refuge for 4 nights on our trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. It is located just outside of Jackson WY, away from the busy downtown area. Very quiet. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful providing maps and directions to the town and parks. We stayed in the rooms with two queen size beds. The room itself was very clean but a little crowded with the furniture, which is slightly worn, but clean. There is a small kitchen with small refrigerator, small stove (2 top), microwave, toaster and sink for washing dishes. The kitchen is supplied with dishes, utensils and dishwashing liquid. The bathroom had a large tub/shower and toiletries. Though we did not see any elk at the refuge across the street, it was a convenient place to stay if you are visiting Jackson or Grand Teton. It was a little far from Yellowstone, but doable.

Stayed: June 2018

Thanks for the review, so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I was on a photography road trip and after camping two nights was ready for a good night's sleep and a convenient location. Prices are high in Jackson Hole, and this was a bit high for my wallet as well, but reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. I loved that it had a view of the elk refuge and was not downtown Jackson Hole - and had ready access to Grand Teton NP and beyond. I arrived hoping for a vacancy - there wasn't, but the owners here were able to secure a room for me from a planned checkout, and reduced my rate. Bed was more comfortable than my own, and even though on the highway, was super quiet. Other than hearing a loud late-arriving family and the loud neighboring AC, I slept very soundly and got great rest. I had a very large room and a kitchenette. The room was old, but very nicely updated. The manager was great and very welcoming. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I was able to back right up to my door downstairs. Ground floor rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Thanks for the fab review, so glad that everything worked out for you.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Really liked the place. It was clean and up to date. It was a good location to get to many places in the Jackson area. National Teton Park is just up the road....don't miss that. Great deli sandwiches just down the road towards Jackson. I would strongly consider staying there again. Only thing I didn't like was you could hear the road traffic if the sliding door was open.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

This was a great location just outside the town of Jackson Hole, and short drive to the entrance of the Tetons. We have 2 teens, and our room included a kitchenette. It was nice to take a break from eating out and the option to cook and make lunches in the kitchen. The view from the room is breath taking, the staff friendly, very clean room, and the person that checked us in helped us with getting acclimated to the town. My husband and I walked to the office every morning morning to get our coffee which we enjoyed sitting out on the bench in front of our room. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Every room has a view.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.