All reviews silver dollar bar historic hotel cowboy suite grand room corn chowder jackson hole stuffed bear turn down service in town old west western theme heart of downtown wonderful hotel first floor shops and restaurants bison the entire staff
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I am very dissatisfied with this hotel and do not recommend it.

After researching the hotels in this area, I made an online reservation for two nights over one month before our scheduled visit. I even confirmed the reservation on the phone. I received several emails from the hotel confirming my reservation.

Upon arrival, I was told that they had no reservation for me and there was no room for me. When I showed them an email from the hotel confirming the date, the registration clerk confirmed that it was their mistake. She offered to find me a room in another hotel and the hotel would pay for it. She found lodging for lesser cost. She said that other hotels only had suites which would the hotel would not pay. She found a motel, not a hotel, which had two beds instead of one. I decided it would be simpler to get my deposit back and I would pay for the other lodging myself. For some inexplicable reason, they could refund me my deposit without having a reservation. I would hate to think there was another reason I was not welcome at this hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel because of the manner that my reservation was handled. The hotel did absolutely nothing to rectify its error. Finding other lodging was something I could have done on my own. I am very dissatisfied and irritated that on my vacation, I had to deal with this. This hotel has an undeserved rating of four stars. Do not rely on online booking with them and do not expect to be treated like one should be treated in a four star hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Jim W, General Manager at The Wort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your email and please accept my sincere apology for this unfortunate circumstance. There is certainly no excuse for our mistake but please know we have rectified this glitch in our computer system. We are so very sorry for your inconvenience and would certainly welcome the opportunity to show you our commitment to comfort and hospitality we work to achieve every day. Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Great place for a week at Yellowstone, hotel arranged a day long tour to Yellowstone, it was magnificent. We did a half day Teton tour which was equally good the next day. The highlight of our stay was the service at the Wort. I arrived with a hangnail, I went to the gift shop and met Louise. I asked if she had a file, and showed her my fingernail. She reached in her purse and pulled out a file. Then she grabbed my hand and filed my nail. I didn’t expect that kind of service,
but that’s what we experienced during our stay.
(bravo Louise)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank V10KXrichardm
Jim W, General Manager at The Wort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for choosing The Wort Hotel during your week long visit to our National Parks. Louise is a magnificent employee who strives every day to make memorable interactions with our guests. We are happy to hear she did so with you. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The Wort was an excellent choice in downtown Jackson, right in the heart of everything. We were warned that the bar was under us and may be loud till 11:00PM, but we didn't hear them at all. Very clean and a great staff, from checkin to concierge to checkout.

Stayed: September 2018

Thank you for choosing The Wort Hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our service and our accommodations. Please visit us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We had an enjoyable three-night stay at the Wort. Although we experienced very minor service glitches, this quirkily-decorated hotel has tons of personality, a wonderful location, a storied history, and warm and engaging service staff.

So why not 5-stars? No. 228, our Western-style room (for quirky -- and fun -- take a look at the carved door), was less well laid-out than required for a five-star rating. The location of the TV, at a 90-degree angle to the top of the bed, made for uncomfortable viewing. Nor did a weird, leather covered, quasi-sofa/bench offer a decent alternative. Finally, the out-dated commode needs updating for guests over 6 feet tall.

Lest I forget, my breakfast of eggs and bison bits could not have been more delicious.

Room Tip: As explained above, avoid 228. It has a murphy bed and appears to be a parlor for a connected bedroom.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Wort Hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our service. Thank you for bringing the following items to our attention, we always welcome feedback from our guests so we can learn and move forward. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Jackson.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We booked three rooms at the Wort for our nights in Jackson either side of a safari tour of Yellowstone, so experienced six rooms during our trip. All rooms were comfortably furnished and clean, and had all necessary accessories. Inn is traditionally furnished. Some looked out on a lightwell across at another window which was a shame. Our fist night two rooms were above the Silver dollar grill where there was live music till the early hours - just as well we were jet lagged and needed our sleep. The grill is clearly popular and has lots of atmosphere and we enjoyed a drink there. Food in restaurant was ok, but pricey for what we got so after our first night we went elsewhere to eat. Check in staff were excellent and very helpful. Great location in Jackson for walking around. Overall I would book to stay here again. Our (adult aged) kids thought it was great.

Room Tip: Rooms above the SD grill are noisy if it’s live music night. Ask for a room with a Street view to avoid looking on lightwell..
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jim W, General Manager at The Wort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for choosing The Wort Hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We apologize for the noise issue about the bar and grill. We try to be upfront and tell guests in advance, so they are not taken by surprise. I apologize if this was not voiced earlier in the check in process. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Jackson.