Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$154
Hilton.comUS$154
PricelineUS$153
Hotels.comUS$154
FindHotelUS$154
TravelocityUS$154
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2021

UPDATE on my Initial Comments: Once I posted my issues, the senior management of the facility reached out. They were so fast to respond and satisfied my concerns. It didn't change our experience, but showed they cared to try and correct my concerns. Here is my original review: "Enjoyed the design of the hotel and the lobby. But that is about the only good thing. Breakfast was poorly stocked only had one person managing and he was overwhelmed. The desk staff always had a line. Fortunately, when we checked in the hostess was gracious and kind. To our room, we stayed 3 nights and housekeeping never once cleaned our room. We had to go call for towels and even just grab from the housekeeping stand, because they were never around. The air conditioning did not work right. Called the desk, but they offered no assistance and said it might get fixed on Monday, we checked out on Sunday. They said it was motion sensitive, so how does that work at night. I woke up ever night soaking wet from sweat as our room got to 79°f. Great location, but was very disappointed." So my disappointment for this weekend was turned around, and we will book with them again next year for the USA Triathlon Age Group Nationals again!!!! Thank you Kevin.

Date of stay: August 2021
Kevin Dombrow, Sales at Tru by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

You are most welcome. I am glad we could help. Have a wonderful day and we will see you next year.

Reviewed 9 August 2021

The poor front desk guy was ALONE without help trying to do everything for everyone on different floors, front desk, etc. he was so stressed and it didn’t have to be this way had Hilton simply had another person on staff. HUGE SAFETY LIABILITY for staff and guests alike.

Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
Kevin Dombrow, Sales at Tru by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Kris7in7homas

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. No excuses we are experiencing the worst labor shortage in our history. If you would be se so kind as to reach out to me directly with some additional specifics we would love the opportunity to make a wrong..............right.

kevin.dombrow@hawkeyehotels.com

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Hilton should be embarrassed to have their name associated wit this place. Room was dirty, with sanitizing wipes floating in the toilet when we arrived. We also found a hair that was clearly not ours in the bedsheets! The blanket on the bed was a fitted sheet?! Also, I got charged way over the rate I booked by the staff who were overwhelmed checking in lots of guests, in itself a very long wait. Luckily, the rate was lessened due to my various complaints. The front desk staff were friendly, and Jennifer was on the ball. Try and deal with her, only one who knows much of anything. The cleaning staff is completely incompetent, so if you want a clean room, stay out of this hotel,. Breakfast is minimal and only served til 9, though we were told it went til 10 by unknowing hotel front desk staff . They only clean the room if you have an extended stay, but they will provide clean towels and extra toilet paper upon request. The staff door to the linens (by elevator bank) vibrated the whole room when closed. Luckily, since they do not clean much, was not too bad an issue. I would never stay in this dump again, and advise you to do likewise.. Look for another hotel. The positives were: quiet rooms, bed was comfortable if not clean, and there is a mini fridge in the room, though not much else. The location is terrific, a block from the 3rd ward and near downtown. I assume that is how they get customers, since they don't have much else going for them.

Room tip: Avoid elevator bank area and expressway ramps
Date of stay: August 2021
Kevin Dombrow, Sales at Tru by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your review and I cannot apologize enough for your experience. I read your review in detail and I am definitely going to bring this up to all staff at the hotel. If you would be so kind as to email me at your earliest convenience I would love an opportunity to make this wrong……right.

Kevin.Dombrow@hawkeyehotels.com

Reviewed 2 August 2021

This is the worst hotel experience we have ever had. Our room was disgusting and clearly wasn’t cleaned after the previous guest. The floor of our room was sticky, there was lubricant on the phone in the room, there was a greasy handprint on the headboard of the bed, and there was paperwork from a previous guest at the back of the bedside table. YES LUBRICANT! The worst part was when we reported these issues to the front desk, they were rude and started to retaliate against us. We asked to speak to the manager and he was never available. They said manager isn’t available in the evening or weekend. We ended up leaving this hotel a day early because we were concerned about our safety from a cleanliness and staff perspective and we paid for a night at a hotel down the street. Instead of supporting us to resolve our issues, the woman at the front desk threatened to call the police on me. The garbage cans by the elevator smelled like they hadn’t been emptied in a month. This hotel should not have the Hilton name and if Hilton is willing to accept this lack of quality they should be ashamed!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank D6351RVangelac

Kevin.Dombrow@hawkeyehotels.com

Reviewed 27 July 2021

2.5 hour wait for room keys after check in. 70 people waiting 2 plus hours in the lobby because rooms were not ready. This hotel did not have enough staff. They were certainly overwhelmed and did not handle the situation well

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank tomkennedy1970
Kevin Dombrow, Sales at Tru by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Words cannot describe how sorry we are for your experience. Would you be so kind as to email me at kevin.dombrow@hawkeyehotels.com when you can I would like to try to make a wrong.....right.