All reviews spa suite curved wall soaking tub art deco huge tub rooftop terrace cd player downtown milwaukee sitting area mini bar boutique hotel valet parking nice bed wedding night room was large office building milwaukee art museum
Reviewed 24 October 2017

After seeing the reviews and terrible staff and my own experience, I am glad I cancelled and went with the Hilton instead.

I had booked a room through Google that had a 15% off rate, when i received the confirmation (for some reason I received two from the hotel, with two different confirmations) it noted the rate as AARP. I wasn't sure if it meant it was a further discount for members, or i needed to be a member. I emailed the reservation email address, and asking for a clarification. No response. So five days later, I emailed the frontdesk1 address, no response. two days later, I called to ask. when I noted that I had sent two emails days apart, she rudely noted there was nothing and was I sure I emailed the right address To which I rattled off both addresses. She then indicated the yes the rate was AARP and "'we will ask for proof" before she even asked for my reservation. No reasoning of what occurred with my multiple emails, not even letting me know what the rate was. I am only giving it a one star because I could cancel. But they need some customer service training badly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Natasha B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We apologize for the experience you had while attempting to cancel your reservation. We strive to provide our guests with excellent customer service, but it looks like we missed the mark on this one, and again we do apologize. We will address this with the appropriate staff. Safe Travels to you!!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Quiet, convenient location. Beautiful hotel with an art deco / glamorous vibe. Loved the art deco touches such as the silver lines on the turquois room doors, curved wall separating the seating are and the bed area, glass block. Our king bed, corner room was well cleaned and comfortable. We had 2 nice televisions, a fully stocked concessions area and mini fridge, a CD player. Our bathroom was quite spacious: glass shower, separate large tub (for 2), Hollywood style mirror/lighting over the floating glass counter. Aveda brand toiletries. In today's technological age, it was obvious the rooms are lacking power outlets. I think there were at least 5 desk phone/fax machine type outlets (even one in the bathroom!), but not nearly enough power outlets. Only one in the entire bedroom area (behind the bed). So, pack your multi plug power packs and extension cords! Courteous, prompt check in process. Valet was a bit lacking; only one guy- so had to wait quite a while for our car. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Natasha B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you very much for sharing this with us!! Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Milwaukee!! Safe Travels.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I selected this hotel with the express purpose to enjoying a hotel stay with my brother who has developmental disabilities and really wanted to enjoy a hot tub. Hotel Metro featured a roof-top spa with water fall on their website. When we check-in the first thing we did was go check out the hot tub only to find out it was broken. In fact it had been broken for awhile yet they continued to promote it on their website which I feel is unethical. The hot tub, plus 2 bedroom suite were the sole reason I selected this hotel. After much complaining they refunded $50 of my $667 hotel bill, not enough in my opinion. The suite was dark and rather depressing. There were water stains on the ceiling of our bathroom. The beds were comfortable and the roof-top garden is lovely. The waitstaff at the restaurant was very good. The lobby is cute.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Natasha B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that you were not able to use the hot tub during your stay. We're not sure when you last visited our website, but any reference to our hot tub is no longer on there and hasn't been for quite some time now. We do have rooms with whirlpools in them as an alternative. We appreciate your feedback as it will be very helpful as we move forward with our multi million renovation. Hopefully you will come back to visit us post renovation next year. Safe travels.!!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Loved the suite. Fireplace, whirlpool tub, corner room with huge windows. Very modern and private. We had the rooftop area to ourselves both nights. Highly recommend this hotel. Negatives could easily be fixed with staff training. A boutique hotel should be warm, welcoming and personal. The staff here never looked up from the desk, were not the least bit concerned that the rooftub hot tub was out of order (and was the main reason I booked this hotel). Using the hotel umbrella was like checking out a new born child. The staff was obviously pissed off that I asked to use it. There is no doorman to help with luggage and the valet was too busy to help. There is no water or coffee in the lobby and when I asked the woman behind the desk was obviously not happy to be distrubed. She rudely told me to go into the restaurant for coffee and water. Training for the staff is highly recommended. SMILE and greet people. I just spent $600 and not one person ever greeted me or thanked me. Easy fixes.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for the manner in which you were treated during your stay. This is certainly not our standard and this will be addressed with the appropriate staff. We hope you will give us another chance, and visit us again. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

this is a small hotel that has lovely large suites--all rooms are suites. The art is terrific and the decor a stand out. the folks that work there are nice as well. The parking is valet but not very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, this is very helpful and greatly appreciated. We will see you on your next trip to Milwaukee. Safe Travels!!