Cabinas Corozalito Lodge(Punta Islita)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$56
El Sueno Tropical(Playa Carrillo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$50
Hotels.com
Hotel Leyenda(Playa Carrillo)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$105
Agoda.com
Hotel Peace & Lodge(Playa Carrillo)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$279
HotelsClick
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sol Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$69
Hotel Laguna Mar(Playa San Miguel)(Great Value!)
US$96
1,085 results
All reviewsplunge poolhorseback ridingzip liningcosta ricabeach clubour honeymoonmain restaurantsan josepura vidaswim up barhowler monkeysliberia airportcevichegolf courserainy seasonremote locationhour drive
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying all the offerings of the hotel. Our deluxe suite was perfect and the view overlooking the forest to the sea breathtaking . The staff was kind, knowledgeable and eager to assist. We will certainly be back !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MariaJBIslita, Outreach Manager at Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thanks so much for choosing us as your special Holiday destination. It was a pleasure to be your hosts and we certainly look forward to your return. Warmest regards!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I chose this hotel on a recommendation of a friend. I've never been a huge "beach lover-seeker" but I thought that for at least once in my life I could go and enjoy my stay at a beach. Punta Islita had terrific hospitality services; I couldn't be happier. I loved the fact that I didn't see any kids running around. The views to the beach were astonishing. I have to say that the staff paid close attention to their guests needs. The surrounding areas were serene and always had wifi available. The road to get to Punta Islita is not the best but not the worst either. I drive a Honda Civic and my car got there with no problems at all. The beach itself is not really nice but there are plenty of beautiful beaches within a 30-60 minutes driving range. If you are looking for a peaceful stay this is the hotel that you have to try.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are close to the restaurant, parking, and reception.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MariaJBIslita, Outreach Manager at Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thanks for celebrating your exceptional stay! Hotel Punta Islita is a unique destination, standing out for its superb hospitality and connection to the land and the culture. We offer a rugged experience that lets travelers fully engage with the surroundings through art and adventure. It was a pleasure to be your hosts!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We booked an extended stay at the backend of our Backroads tour and cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed this hotel. While it can be an effort to reach the resort, we took advantage of local charter flights into the hotel's private airstrip which the hotel staff arranged for us - the kids loved the experience/views of CR to and from San Jose. This is a very unique hotel offering great cultural and eco-friendly adventures for the entire family. The beach club staff were awesome with incredible service. The beach/cove is very scenic and is really is one of the best places I have seen to teach kids to surf for the first time. Lot of wildlife and a visit to the ARA project (Scarlet Macaws) and local art museum are worth the time. It's great to see how the hotel supports the entire community. As frequent traveler to Marriott properties globally, this is the by far the friendliest staff I have encountered - Marvin does a incredible job meeting and attending to guest needs with the support of an incredible staff including Edgar, Gabriel, Antonio, and Diego. Well done. Hope to come back soon!

Stayed: December 2017

Our biggest satisfaction comes from learning about our guests' marvelous experiences at Hotel Punta Islita and our surroundings. We always hope to be a gateway to Costa Rica's authentic adventures, culture, and hospitality. Thanks so much for selecting us and for taking the time to detail some of the unique experiences that you and your family encountered. Please do return soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

What Can I say that others have not. First let me start by saying the thing that just blew me away were the people/staff, from Joe, Edgar and Marco on the service side to Marvin up top on arranging tours and trips to Christian the surfing instructor. The community and resort are really one heartbeat, when we went out to Don Ramiro in town (a must), we saw Joe and his family and then ran into Christian. When we went in early December it seemed like we had the resort to ourselves. All the drinks are scratch made at a reasonable price, the guides are great to do kayaking and zipling (Vielos was great). The Food was amazing, Octopus, fresh fish… todos los dias! The Views were just a bonus, everywhere all over the property and last who does not love the Macaws eating in the trees above where you are sun bathing on the beach! Pura Vida indeed!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MariaJBIslita, Outreach Manager at Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thanks for your colorful celebration of our Pura Vida concept. Hotel Punta Islita is all about connection. Connection to the land, the local community, and a special state of mind that brings out an appreciation of raw nature, heartfelt friendship, and adventure. Thanks so much for visiting, embracing your destination, and taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. Costa Rica is a an amazing destination and we are thrilled to showcase its wonders.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I took my two adult children to the resort. We were warmly greeted by Christina. She was so kind and thoroughly educated us on all the amenities the resort had to offer. The dining area/pool is truly breathtaking. We were guided to our room, which had a private porch with hammock overlooking the forest canopy and ocean. Our room was clean with ample space.
The free amenities included a monkey tour, horseback riding, zip lining, and a night walk. All were really enjoyable and well organized.
We also booked a fishing tour with Islita Sport Fishing. It wasn’t what I envisioned (large boat, far out in the ocean to see whales and dolphins), but we had a great time. It’s a very small boat. It requires wading out into the ocean to board the boat. Make sure your bladder is empty before you get on board. We saw numerous turtles and caught 4 fish. The captain was very accommodating to our requests to view the turtles...and catch fish :). Fun day!
Both restaurants are pretty good. The kitchen staff prepared our fish catch for dinner. My only recommendation would be for staff to be a little quicker (seating, taking order, delivering food, and billing). Plan to spend 1.5-3 hours/meal.
All staff were so friendly and helpful. Again, a special thanks to Christina for making us feel #1 and making sure my daughter had a cake for her birthday. Much appreciated!!!!
The grounds are gorgeous! It’s nice to walk down to the beach and spot the macaws, monkeys, frogs, and insects along the way. The shuttle drivers are very prompt to give a ride back up the hill. They’ll also take you into town.
I’d go back to this resort in a heartbeat!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
MariaJBIslita, Outreach Manager at Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Sharing Costa Rica's authentic adventures and hospitality was a blast! Thanks so much for choosing Hotel Punta Islita and taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Thrilled to learn that you took full advantage of our included experiences and third-party adventure options. We would love to be your hosts again in the blink of an eye!