“Friendly service, food was done well.”

Tuscan Tavern & Grill
Ranked #11 of 110 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We arrived for dinner on a Tuesday evening for an early dinner. We had a reservation but it was unnecessary. We were served by a friendly woman who immediately brought our wine and took our order. We then had the entertainment of a screaming toddler - my spouse enjoyed it because he is amused by children that age - but not me. This has nothing to do with the restaurant but it did interfere with ambience. My spouse had a juicy poor chop accompanied by delicious garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered pan seared scallops with angel hair pasta - delicious. The extraneous things are pedestrian though: bread not special, soup bland and the salad plain. The entrees were worth it and they have a decent wine/dessert list.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We were there on a Wednesday night. Service was excellent Great menu options. We really enjoyed the atmosphere. You could actually visit at the table and it was a very pleasant environment.

1  Thank Lynn E
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We were seated immediately. We were served water and our drink and dinner was taken.
My wife has gluten allergies. So the menu was helpful. Our waitress Holly was very helpful and took good care of us.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We went with another couple to have dinner here on the advice of a friend who lives in the area. We were immediately seated on the outdoor patio and our server promptly came and took our drink order. That was the last promptness he displayed during our entire meal. We spent the good part of the meal asking other servers and the hostess if they would find our server and send him over to refill our drinks, etc. Ended up going inside to get our ticket and pay for our meal after waiting over 15 minutes for our server to appear.

The food was mediocre at best and with the poor service, we definitely felt we should have gone elsewhere for dinner. Would not recommend to anyone!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My wife and I arrived at the restaurant and were promptly seated. From then on the service was terrible and it didn't seem that it was that busy. We were seated near the kitchen and had staff going past us continually. It did take quite a while for first the drinks to arrive, then for them to bring the bread, and then for the waiter to get our order. When my soup arrived it was room temperature. My chicken piccata was warm but not hot. Twice I had to stop a staff member to get my water glass refilled. Both of us had a glass of wine and finished it before the meal was done. No one asked if we wanted another one. Needless to say I would not recommend this restaurant.