“R44 lesson”

East Midlands Helicopters
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Costock
More attraction details
Owner description: East Midlands Helicopters is the oldest and largest helicopter operator in the Midlands, having been operating for the last 25 years. We operate helicopters for charter, pleasure flights & training.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Having never even been in a helicopter before, I didn't to know what to expect. It was an amazing experience - far better than I had imagined. Nick (the pilot) was very knowledgeable and was able to answer our (many) questions professionally, he gave clear, concise instructions and was very friendly. In my opinion this was a 5/5 experience and I cant wait to do it again!

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Lindsey G

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm not normally one to go online and write a review, but felt compelled to in this case because the service and experience provided by EMH was simply amazing.

The staff went out of their way to ensure I could get a booking on my birthday. This was quite remarkable as my special day fell on a Sunday and the company are usually closed for trial lessons on that day of the week. On the day of the flight, the instructor (Pete) was brilliant throughout. The pre-flight briefing helped to put me at ease and his guidance during the flight was perfectly pitched for my level of competence. I had a degree of freedom to where I wanted to fly which made the experience very personalised. I flew in the R44 as I upgrading for my wife to come along too, I would highly recommend taking family/friends to share the awesome experience. The flight felt much longer than it was and I definitely felt I got value for my money.

A massive thank you to Pete and all the staff for going above and beyond to make this the best birthday I've ever had. I fully intend to come back for some more lessons.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just wanted to thank Nigel and the whole team at East Midlands Helicopters for adding something very special to an already great day. They met the motley crew of myself, best men and father with a bottle of champagne and from then on the whole experience just got better. Flying in a helicopter like this is a dream come true for myself that I made the others share :-)
I can thoroughly recommend the team to make you feel at ease and ensure you have a fantastic time.
All my thanks to Nigel, Ro, Dan, Peter and Nick keep up the great work and thanks for a flight I will never forget.

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was bought a helicopter trial lesson for my birthday (£170.00 for 30 mins in an R22), this was purchased directly through East Midlands Helicopter's website as it was better value for money than going through other sites such as Red Letter Days/Virgin Experiences etc. I went for the lesson on Monday 17th Mar. The site is located at a farm in the village of Costock in Leicestershire. Due to it being a weekday I was not left waiting around for my induction. The ground briefing was informative and very interesting. My guide/instructor whose name escapes me (sorry) was excellent, he explained everything I needed to know, his knowledge was incredible. He also let me choose where I wanted to fly so that I got a birds eye view of my house which was amazing. Family were given time to take photos before and after too. I would recommend this to anyone interested and I would definitely go again but would like to try the R44 & take family members up too.

Date of experience: March 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2014

East Midlands helicopters were fantastic, we was a group of 8 ladies who were nervous as hell about the helicopter ride, the pilot let us take lots of pictures before and during the ride. The pilot was very friendly and made the ride enjoyable.
Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a helicopter.

Charlotte xx

Date of experience: March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nick H, Operations Assistant at East Midlands Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We're delighted you enjoyed your flight and hope to fly you and your friends again in the future.

Kind regards,