Close to Eagle River, yet off in the woods. A perfect resort on a small lake. Nice access to the lake, Kathan Lake. A wonderful easy going group of cabins. Perfect for families, with a playground area and a swimming raft. Each cabin has an outdoor picnic table and fire pit. Indoor furnishings complete with full kitchen, and cable TV.
It was very nice.We will come back again and stay longer next time. Peace and quite by the fire . Enjoyed
We were so pleased with our stay at the Kathan Inn "Tuckaway" cabin! If you are considering renting one of the cozy cabins on the Kathan Inn property, here are some things you should know:
1. This is truly a "mom-and-pop" sort of operation. Barb and Jim work extremely hard to make sure their guests are comfortable, doing everything from roof repair, mowing, housekeeping, and more by themselves. Plus, they run the bar/grill on the property, so they are always busy. At the same time, they are very friendly--Barb took a break from mowing to come over and introduce herself to us shortly after we arrived, and Jim can always be counted on for a cheerful "Hi, guys!" whenever you see him.
2. The Kathan Inn cabins are exactly as described--rustic and cozy. Each cabin is unique, but furnished with everything you'll need, even puzzles and books to help you wait out a rainstorm. I appreciated the fact that the cabins were far enough apart that ours felt private and we could just relax by a fire and not hear or be bothered by any of the other guests.
3. Nature abounds here--wildflowers, frogs, birds, and more. I loved the whippoorwill that we heard singing most nights. The lake is lovely, and good for fishing. I caught a 16" bass right off one of the docks on the property!!
4. Have a meal at the Inn while you're there! Really good fish fry and burgers, in our experience!! Seems to be popular, too--lots of friendly folks there the nights we visited.
5. Be aware that the Eagle River Speedway is nearby and in operation during the summer months--Friday night races were a little noisy, but ended by 11 p.m.
6. Enjoy nature, quiet, and the beauty of the lake as much as you can while you're here!!
This is the second time we've booked with Barb, and we are never disappointed by their kindness and generosity! I will continue to take vacations here and recommend this resort to friends and family.
Very nice place for relaxation! Everything is in need of updating but all in all it was very quaint and comfortable. The beach is very weedy but it's only a couple of miles to Eagle River and there's a beach there! The bar had good food and everyone was very friendly! The kids play area was very nice also!