All reviews under similar circumstances english muffin waffle maker free wifi breakfast sandwich convention center stay there again yogurt freeway
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We got there around 9 and the guy at the front desk was closing so I am assuming there Is no one there after 10 he was in a rush to leave and not very friendly, the room was clean but only 2 small towels and one toilet paper and since there is no one at the front desk after 10 what do you do if you want towels ?? Or tp ?? Anyways we stayed one night, my friend woke up for breakfast she said it was fine some juice bread and yogurt ! I preferred to sleep

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Nicole R, General Manager at Motel 6 Yakima-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

I'm sorry to hear that. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We did change to a motel 6 and no longer serve breakfast. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting remodeled. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel if you have additional information to share. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!
Nicole Reneau | General Manager
Motel 6 Yakima Wa.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I booked nights here as I was heading to Yakima for a kids tournament. The price was good. Be careful. Hotel manager and staff is not friendly and unwilling to help. Won't return phone calls and when you call back has the front staff call you back even if you want to talk to the manager. Hotel is questionable at best and in need of repair and upkeep. Breakfast choices are small. I think they put a few things out to say they have a breakfast. I would say you get what you pay for but in my case we didn't even get that.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was less than great.. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We did change to a motel 6. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting remodeled. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel if you have additional information to share. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!
Nicole R | General Manager
Motel 6 Yakima Wa.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The Guesthouse is very close to Hwy 82 and downtown Yakima. It was clean, had a comfortable bed, and a good breakfast although not extensive. It is close to the convention center. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay! I am glad that we were able accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I was doing a family friend a favor. Driving across three states, last minute.
She booked my a night here because I didn't arrive until 1:30 am.
For starters the man who answered the door was wearing a black shirt, and gray, baggy sweat pants, and adidas sandals with socks. He was asleep in a back room and refused to open the door for me until he verified that I had a reservation. I had no idea I was in such a sketchy part of town. I am a 24 year old female, traveling alone, in the middle of December. It was less than 20 degrees and he left me standing out in the cold for far too long. I am a short chubby blonde. I have no idea what was so threatening about my appearance in my hot pink wind breaker and leggings. I couldn't believe it.
I run into the room first thing after traveling 10+ hours to use the bathroom. The black curly pube on the wall was a nice touch. They clearly bring their A game here...
After getting my stuff into the room, I realize they have the dreaded comforters... You know, the ones that only get washed once a year, and designed specifically to hide stains and yuck? Yeah... So I took it off the bed and used it as a block for the half inch gap between the door and the door jamb. It took multiple hours for the heat, on high, to even make a difference in the room. Anyways, in the process of taking the scary comforter off the bed, a pillow fell on the floor. I was already grossed out by the pube in the bathroom, so I bent over and inspected the floor... crumbs, hair balls, clods of dirt, torn wrappers from condoms and candy... I just kicked the pillow under the sink. No way was I going to put it back on the bed.
The bed was comfortable, no complaints there.
I get in the shower in the morning and I'm thinking to myself that the water pressure is freaking awesome! Really, it was great. About the time I finished that thought the water pressure went away. then it came back. then it went away again... I was watching as the showerhead was doing some kind of sprinkler dance... enough of that... I got out. Go in search of a face wipe... Oh, there isn't one. You have to use the washcloth and bar soap for your face! No thanks!
I decide to see what they have for their "Gourmet Breakfast" They are really proud of this, too. The guy told me it was great and made sure I knew exactly what time it started and ended.... the preprocessed 2 inch round rock hard bagels were there, along with two types of dry cereal, a mystery pitcher of milk (skim, 1%, 2%, whole??? Nobody knows!) pre made egg patties, the kind you get on your McMuffin... YUM! (VOMIT). and to put on top of the weird egg rounds was minced up ham (I think) and shredded cheese.
I will be traveling to Yakima at least twice a month for two days at a time for the next 6 months and will NOT be staying here.

Room Tip: Do. Not. Stay. Here.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank klpjj93

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. Our guests are always our top priority. It is a pleasure to announce that we are a Motel 6 now, will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting remodeled. In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!
With much appreciation,
Nicole R. | General Manager

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Beware this place is not nearly what is advertised. Friendly staff does not make up for all of the lies that are the Guest House Inn.

If you are allergic to fleas as I am. Don't walk. Run the hell away there are several hotels in close proximity. The are a bit more expensive. But having a clean, bug free room is worth the difference. I'm covered bug bites. Had to stop at a laundromat to have everything cleaned before going home.

Had the opportunity to stay for a conference COD. Our first night was miserable as we fought fleas all night. Requested a new room but they had nothing comparable. Requested room be sprayed and bedding changed. Maintenance sprayed but bedding was not changed. Gave the desk staff the opportunity to correct. Was told I had to wait until Monday when the manager was in. Monday morning the manager had heard nothing of the issues. No notes in the file. Manager stated she would adjust the bill and have it ready for Tuesday morning. When I went to check out. The manager had done nothing. Now on my 4th staff. Had again heard nothing of the problem. Front desk staff was incompetent in computer use. After 1.5 hours did not fix the bill. Had to call the manager at home who couldn't give her basic instructions. We had to leave for our workshop, explaining I would be back at noon. At noon there was no one qualified to adjust the bill which had been charged at full room rates.

I'm having to go to my bank to dispute the charges. To top it all the desk staff Tuesday morning tried to get me to sign a bill. That had nothing on it but my name and a place for signature. The printer they are using had no ink or toner in it.

There are cheap soap / shampoo dispensers in the shower which had mold inside an behind it.

Breakfast and coffee were 30 minutes late. Bagels cut in half I could have the bottom or top. Same with English muffins. On Tuesday one of the staff members had her family there for breakfast. Noisy 4 year old and a 1 year old.

Fruit in the basket were ready to turn into penicillin makers. Costco egg rounds with finely minced ham & shredded fake cheese. That doesn't melt. Waffle maker was adequate but cups of batter for each waffle. Each cup had a separation skim on the Not enough to make a full waffle. No variety. No evening fresh cookies. I'm not sure the owners live anywhere close but it would behoove them to check out the property. I suggest you stay a holiday inn, Fairfield , Howard Johnson, the Red Lion. Just to name a few.

Good luck Stay Away. If you can't pull back the covers on the bed before getting in. Check for fleas & bed bugs.

Another hint there is a resident homeless man who has his sights set on the outside community ashtray. After dark and just beforedt

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business