“beyond my expectations”
other travellers have booked this property
Maxwelton Aerie Alpaca Ranch  - Suri alpaca in pasture near farmhouse
View of farmhouse and wallnut tree from south yard Living room has windows to both west and east for great views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Maxwelton Aerie Alpaca Ranch  - Suri alpaca in pasture near farmhouse
View of farmhouse and wallnut tree from south yard
Living room has windows to both west and east for great views.
Retreat group in dining room
Cooking for wedding reception
Entering master bedroom
Master bedroom nook overlooking Useless Bay
Master bedroom reading area
single bed sleeping area off of upstairs hall
Middle bedroom with view over Useless Bay
Main floor bedroom with small deck overlooking the pasture and sunrise
New soaking tub with sunset view overlooking Useless Bay
Main floor bathroom
View of Olympic Mountains over Useless Bay from living room
View of pasture under walnut tree
Wedding tent
Group retreat discussion grouup
Set up for wedding reception
Wedding tent from pasture
Children playing at Birthday Party
Stairs to beach
Stairs to beach
Retreat group at the beach
Beach toys provided for building sand castles and beach play
Miles of beach at low tide
Sandy beach in front of house
Feeding the alpacas
Suri alpacas - Ally & Maggie
Suri alpacas- the girls
Suri alpacas enjoying the shade of the apple tree
Baby alpaca's first steps
shearing alpacas
Shearing alpacas
feeding alpacas
Lady Jane tulips in entry garden
Garden path to wedding patio
Snow view of the Maxwelton Valley
Velvet Sunset over Useless Bay and Olympic Mountains
Tarzan the guard llams
Salmon sculpture by Buster Simpson  in the walnut tree
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SYoung543...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“beyond my expectations”
Reviewed 10 August 2020 for a stay in August 2020

We’ve a day left, and I’m trying to focus on being here. I’m sad to know it is ending.

It’s been an amazing stay so far! We enjoyed the rain, the sun, the ocean... the alpaca, stars, and so much wildlife. Today a small dear walked past the bushes while I was having my morning coffee. I really appreciate how kind Bill was I letting me hang out and watch the Alpacas. They are pretty amazing and sweet!

Both owner and caretaker were wonderful. I could have spent hours talking to both and am leaving wanting more. The home was great for all of us -teens and adults. We fished, kayaked, hiked, and did some great runs on the island. Every book in the library that I picked up had a thought it provoked that needed thinking. I wish I’d brought my bike, but mostly just wish we could stay longer. It feels safe. I know myself a little better than I did when I came.

Date of stay: August 2020
24 Aug 2020
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. Your comments capture the unique experience we endeavor to provide our guests. It gives me great pleasure to know you had such a good trip and I look forward to seeing you at the Aerie often. Carolyn
bowen5511
Montreal, Canada
“A Lovely House with Spectacular Views”
Reviewed 10 January 2020 for a stay in December 2019

The house is fully equipped for a large family or group of friends who love to cook and eat together, sit by the fire and read/play board games, take long walks on the beach and enjoy feeding and interacting with the alpacas on the farm.

Date of stay: December 2019
29 Jun 2020
Jim,
I just found your review and thank you very much for sending it in. It's always great to have you visit when you're in the Seattle Area andit is great to have you as a long time member of the Maxwelton Aerie family who have enjoyed this place over the years.
Claire M
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 18 August 2019 for a stay in August 2019

My husband and I just enjoyed our 3rd stay here and it gets more magical every time. We originally discovered the aerie when looking for the perfect wedding venue, and we were so lucky to have found such an incredibly beautiful location as a backdrop for our special day.
Since then we've come knowing that our souls will be completely relaxed and rejuvenated after spending a few days here, walking the beach at low tide, strolling around the garden and finding all the special touches and an abundance of wildlife. I can literally spend a whole day just moving about the property, watching the changing light, visiting the alpacas, lounging in one of the 3 hammocks, and sinking deep into nature's rhythms. At the end of the day, the sun sets perfectly over the water in front of the house in a breathtaking display, complete with lots of birdlife and moon and stars to follow.
The house itself has been lovingly renovated with so many charming touches, both modern and cozy - and we're always impressed at how it has EVERYTHING we need, including access to any additional items we may have forgotten to bring like raincoats and sun hats and so much more. Views, views, and more views out every window let you enjoy the land even when you're indoors.
I highly recommend staying for an extended period and bringing friends and family to share this special space. It's perfect for all ages - lots of touches for kids and a wonderful library for a rainy day. We hope to bring artist groups to enjoy a creative retreat sometime in the future. I would give Maxwelton Aerie 100 stars if I could!

Date of stay: August 2019
19 Aug 2019
Claire,
Thanks for your beautiful description of what makes a stay at Maxwelton Aerie so special. You captured that magical feeling you really have to experience to understand. Glad you are part of the Maxwelton Aerie family who come back year after year. See you again soon.
Kirklandi...
“Pretty much Paradise!”
Reviewed 21 July 2019 for a stay in July 2019

Just returned from our first ever 3-generation family vacation week - I hope to make this a family tradition and would love to return every summer!
Maxwelton Aerie has everything that I wanted - water and mountains on one side, farmlands on the other. Birds galore, from resident eagles and osprey to tiny wrens and hummingbirds - I counted 27 species on the property. A beautiful and comfortable house with together and alone space for everyone. It took us all week to discover what the house had to offer, which was everything we needed (and more). My only negative experience - the 4.6 earthquake that shook me up the first night!
I slept every night with the windows wide open, arose early and headed for the Adirondack chairs in my PJs and sweatshirt, with coffee and binoculars, to greet the day. I could have spent the entire week on-site, but did enjoy a few outings: birding at Deer Lagoon, visiting Dave Mackie Park just down the road (easy beach access and a playground for the little one), exploring Bayview Corner (breakfast at Whidbey Donuts is a must, and The Goose Grocer is great for provisions), walking the trails at Greenbank Farms (and a Whidbey Pie to go), one dinner splurge at Prima Bistro in Langley.
A key ingredient to our enjoyment was Bill, the alpaca whisperer. It was a joy to see how well that man knows his flock, and he is just as magical with children. My 2-year-old grandson was walking among the alpacas to pour the pellets in their troughs on the first day, and feeding them by hand on the second.
Thank you, Carolyn and Bill, for the best week ever!

Date of stay: July 2019
22 Jul 2019
What a beautiful description of your stay at Maxwelton Aerie. Thanks so much for writing it . Seems like you enjoyed everything we have to offer. Hope to see you back soon.

GoPlaces6...
“Beautifully renovated farmhouse, bay and alpaca views-”
Reviewed 3 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

The Aerie was such a lucky find for out group of 9 knitters! Bed for everyone, a well equipped kitchen, and large comfy living room/dining area with lots of natural light from both east and west. Outside, lots of sitting space in the garden and overlooking the alpaca pastures. Antique quilts and freestanding soaking tub were such special features that we all appreciated. The house and property have such character- a magical farm-meets-beach feeling unique to south Whidbey. Can't wait until our next visit-

Date of stay: June 2019
19 Jul 2019
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. It really helps new people get an idea of the special qualities of our site and farmhouse. Looking forward to your group coming back again soon.
Carolyn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.