All reviews waffles book store village books walking trails bay view farmers market bay trail fresh baked cookies fair haven gas fireplace restaurants and shops coffee and tea perfect location within walking distance historic district small balcony amtrak station
Reviewed 1 June 2018

This was our third stay and we look forward to our next stay. If you are looking for a hotel chain, this isn't for you, but if you want charm, you will find it here. You can park your vehicle and walk to restaurants, delightful shops, rec trail, or super market. Yes, you hear the trains but I think it would be the same at any location west of the freeway. We feel that the rooms are very fairly priced, the beds are comfortable and the bedding is great. The little breakfast room is inviting and the adjoining cocktail lounge a nice addition.

Room tip: Rooms facing the street are our favorite.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I was not impressed with the Fairhaven Village Inn. While the location is fine the rooms with the harbor view overlook warehouses and dumpsters to get a look at the harbor. The room was large and clean, furnishings are dated, the balcony was tiny, the breakfast buffet is served in a tiny room and was very average. The staff was friendly but the atmosphere was stifling. There are framed signs everywhere including the bathroom reiterating their no smoking policy. The parking area has a sign stating you will be towed if you don't park properly. No microwave or mini refrigerator and definitely overpriced for the amenities. I would try somewhere else next time. The best part was the cookies at the front desk when I checked in.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcd1000
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Charming as always. Of course a working port town so the harbour and train nouse is part of ambiance. Very central. Walk to all local attractions. Continental breakfast with on demand waffles and lots of fresh food

Room tip: Harbour view interesting with sounds of port
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Great king size bed.
Spacious clean nicely appointed room.
Breakfast buffet was fairly typical.
Nice library to lounge in with 24 hour amenities.
Friendly helpful staff.
Located in a charming part of Bellingham

Room tip: 3rd floor water side has view of the water looking over an industrial area
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Perhaps because I favor the "under-promise, over-deliver" approach to expectations, I was not impressed with Fairhaven Inn.

The room was spacious but impersonal, and for rate compared with other lodging, overpriced. It was unclear to both me and my traveling companion, what we were supposed to find remarkable.

The most significant challenge for me was the live music in the lobby the night I stayed: the musicians were good, but very loud and I was lodged directly overhead. I was tired from traveling and would have appreciated being forewarned and given a choice of rooms further away. In the morning the concierge asked if I wanted some compensation but failed to offer specifics. I don't anticipate returning.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
InnkeeperFVI, Manager at Fairhaven Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Kyenne,

Iā€™m sorry you did not enjoy your stay, and it appears that the dissatisfaction was centered around the Jazz event in our lobby.

This event is a once yearly fundraiser held by the Jazz Project, a local nonprofit, that teaches the art of Jazz to adolescents, and to those with disabilities to play music as a form of therapy. Additionally, they host a wonderful all-day free Jazz festival on the Fairhaven Village Green, across the street from the Inn in September.

We had an invitation posted at the Guest Services desk for two days that not only alerted guests to the event but invited all to listen to the live jazz trio, drink wine or beer and have some light appetizers. The event was done by 9 pm, which is before our quiet hours. Had we have known about your dissatisfaction at the time of the event, we would have done our best to accommodate you in a room that would have been more comfortable.

Emma