All reviews lighthouse suite lighthouse bar bellingham bay jetted tub water view putting green executive plaza gas fireplace hotel restaurant san juan islands separate shower underground parking happy hour beautiful room comfortable bed loved this hotel front desk staff
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the hotel. We stayed in the Island Suite, which featured a gorgeous view of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands. The room was very comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the hotel restaurant. The staff was incredibly friendly and courteous. We'll definitely be back and highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a first-rate hotel experience.

Room Tip: Water view rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Mike S,

I am truly honored we could be a part of your special Anniversary celebration. Our restaurant has recently launched our new Dinner menu we would love to invite you back in the near future to taste the culinary creations of our talented Head Chef, Michael Grogan. I hope I can say hello on your next visit to Hotel Bellwether!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Great place for quick getaway. Stayed at owners suite, view were great and quiet. Staffs are friendly. Only downside is WiFi is almost nonexistent due to poor signal even after the reset.

Enjoyed the complimentary fruit platter which is nice of them. Breakfast in room was a delight with view.

Defiantly a great hotel, I would have given 5/5 if internet works, luckily I had my travel sim with me.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Rik C,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your stay. The view from the Owner's Suite is my absolute favorite! So glad you were able to kick back and enjoy a taste of luxury by Bellingham Bay. I also appreciate the notes on the WiFi situation during your stay -we will have this issue addressed promptly by our IT team so our future guests may make use of our complimentary WiFi.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Kate and Kevin are exceptional hosts. They are experienced hospitality people who know how to please customers. They assisted my wife and I after we had an unpleasant experience at a nearby hotel. Kate assured my wife that we would have a pleasant experience and from the moment we arrived that experience could not have been better. We checked into a corner suite with a view of the harbor and yacht club and later that evening we witnessed a fantastic sunset. The room was tremendous with outstanding decor, especially the spa bathtub. Kate and Kevin delivered on the promise to rescue us from the hotel we left and their service, hospitality and genuine concern to deliver a first-class hotel experience was second to none. The hoel is exceptional and certainly the best in the area. We even enjoyed a drink and desert in the hotel restaurant after a pleasant trip along the walking trail surrounding the hotel. The location is in close proximaty to numerous restaurants including the Bellwether's own facilities. This is a terrific stop on the way to Canada and certaining is our new go-to hotel in Bellingha. Thanks Kate and Kevin.

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio/deck that will allow sunset views.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear DHZ,

Thank you so very kindly for sharing your review with our online readers! Kate and I live for moments like this, where we can truly make an impact and change the course of a guest's day. I can't wait to welcome you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Bellingham.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Bellwether during a work trip. The rooms far exceeded expectations. I had a large balcony that overlooked the city and a gas fireplace in the corner of my room. I don't take baths often but had to indulge in the deep soaker tub with jets each night. Water pressure was great. The tub filled quickly and the jets were easy to operate. The bed was comfortable and had quality bedding. I had no problems accessing the wireless internet.
There is a small but adequate fitness center with a treadmill, an elliptical, a bicycle, and some weights. The only negative is that the fitness center is in another building so you have to go outside to use it. On the plus side, it allows you to cool down a bit on the short walk back.

I ate at the restaurant during happy hour and had a delicious steak and salad of moderate proportions for just less that $20. The ambiance was great. I sat by the fire, listened to live guitar and watched the sunset over the water. There are several restaurants close by. It is quicker to walk to them using the waterside sidewalk than to drive. The sidewalk provides a peaceful way to stroll around the harbor and look at boats and watch the sunset. I would love to return with my husband for a quiet weekend get away.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Sandy P,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We strive to provide that extra level of comfort for our guests here on business so when your meeting or events are done for the day you can relax in luxury! I hope we have the privilege of hosting you again on your next work (or perhaps leisure) related visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Our suite was very comfortable with a gorgeous view of the bay. One of the 'goodies' was outdated and taken care of immediately. We appreciated having complimentary bottled water. Staff was friendly but professional and very, very helpful. We arrived later than we anticipated and had to hurry our check in as well as hurry to unload our luggage. Help was immediate and greatly appreciated by the 4 of us (seniors)! Staff was a shining example of hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Laceyrs,

So great to hear how accommodating our Front Desk staff was during your check-in. We aim to make sure every guests feels all of their needs are taken care - starting with a friendly welcome and assistance with luggage. I hope you will keep us in mind for a future stay. I will be sure to pass on your positive remarks to our late night crew!