“A perfect Pacific Northwest getaway for friends...”
Forest Room Wildflower Room
Deck Walkway
Deck Walkway to Hot Tub
Lawn
Wildflower Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

Mike R
Vancouver, Canada
“A perfect Pacific Northwest getaway for friends and family”
Reviewed 31 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Every communication with the owners was prompt, friendly and professional. They went out of their way to ensure our stay was the best it could be and went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. The cabin was much better than I expected. The picture don't capture how nice the layout is nor its absolutely perfect Pacific Northwest setting.

Our group was 12 adults and 2 children and there was plenty of seating to go around. Even in the dining area which is usually a struggle. I've stayed at various cabins and cottages over the last few years but I've never seen such a well equipped kitchen; We were able to pull off a full thanksgiving dinner without any hassle.

My only complaint is that long weekends are never long enough..! I wholeheartedly recommend ceder tree to anyone considering it.

Date of stay: October 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ease of booking, great for larger group
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Rick S
Langley City, Canada
“Close to Everything Yet Feels like a Wilderness Get Away”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

A group of golfers took advantage of this location tucked away in forest setting. Close to a number of golf courses, even closer to all of the amenities you would need. Lots of comfortable beds and more than enough showers and bathrooms to keep guest from having to wait.
One warning, despite all of the written instructions for your stay the glass on the main table top is not tempered, which one assumes when glass is on the table top. No hot plates should go one the glass table. Replacement cost is double of what a glass company would charge to make up another top. So be aware.

Date of stay: September 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private yet close to everything
Liked least: Glass table top
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
24 Sep 2014
This guest told us he had put a pan of roasting french fries directly from the oven onto the dining table and cracked the glass that we have on top of the table to protect the wood. The guest apologized and offered pay to replace the glass. I wish he had told me that he was unhappy with the price the local glass company charged or with the situation itself--didn't know this until I saw this review. I would have been happy to talk with him/work with him on it. I sent him the quote before ordering the glass. It is the only glass company I know of in Belllingham, recommended to me by a contractor.

I am glad the group otherwise enjoyed their stay. We love having golf and other kinds of sports groups and teams stay out at Cedar Tree!

We do provide trivets and hot pads--but it is no problem to put warm plates on the table (guests do this all the time)--just not a good idea to put really hot things on it directly.
Cuyahoga Falls

Reviewed 20 June 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: March 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet scenery without being too far from the city.
Liked least: Nothing comes to mind!
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
CML1125
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great house, but too many nit-picky rules.”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

I rate this experience as "very good" based on the overall quality of the house and location. The house was big and easily accommodated our group - 10 adults, no children, no pets. The kitchen was also well stocked with cooking utensils, serving ware, and enough dishes to accommodate large group meals. As someone who has stayed in a number of vacation rentals, I must say this was one of the best stocked rentals in terms of kitchen needs. Further, the location served us well - easy access to Bellingham and an hour-ish drive to Mt. Baker. I also found the location to be relaxing, with all the trees in the back.

While, in general, my stay was nice, I do have reservations that would keep me from returning or recommending this rental to others. First, the landlords had several house rules (e.g., showering before using hot tub, not using the garbage disposal, no shoes in carpeted areas), all of which, as a homeowner, I can respect and understand. However, at the end of our stay I was very surprised by the number of minute details for which they had charged us. We received a $55 fee for not separating trash from recycling. I'll mind you, we did take care to sort trash and recycling, but owners should be mindful that there may be individuals who are not quite as attentive to all items that can be recycled and may have tossed recyclable items in with the trash. That being said, a $55 fee seems unreasonable. We also charged for a broken item, which was actually broken upon our arrival. In hindsight, the fault is ours as we should've reported the problem upon our arrival. Although, for being such picky owners you would think that a broken item would not be an issue in the first place.

I also found it odd that each of the kitchen cabinets had pictures of how the dishes/pots/pans should be placed. I understand wanting to maintain organization, but the expectation that things would be exactly as left seems unrealistic. That being said, I would not recommend this place to a group that does not have time or care to tend to minute details. On a related matter there were several notes posted throughout the house about dos and don'ts, again as a fellow homeowner I can understand concern, however if you are going to be this picky about your guests - and then charge for minute details - perhaps you shouldn't be renting your property.

All this being said, the house itself is lovely, well supplied, and a great space for a big group. However, as a seasoned renter of vacation rentals I was very surprised by the number of house rules and high expectations upon departure; in years of renting vacation rentals I have never experienced a place so particular, nor have I ever been fined due to broken items, mess, or not properly following a closing procedure. Thus, I do not recommend this property to families or groups, especially with children.

Date of stay: February 2014
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
5 Mar 2014
I do not recognize this person as anyone who rented the house, but it sounds like she may have been an invited guest of the person who did. As such, there are a number of details in the review above that I should correct.

I am glad she enjoyed the house and location. We have had so many wonderful guests stay and enjoy it. We have had very few groups (perhaps two a year) who don't treat it well. We feel very fortunate to share this place with so many wonderful people, including many groups with children.

We did have a very heavy drinking group this winter that was one of these few groups we've had that did not treat the place well, where we kept back part of their damage deposit--and it sounds like she may have been part of this group. I checked with the renter first, and he acknowledged the issues--including the lack of recycling sorting, running off our driveway-pushing large landscaping rocks out of place, the broken fridge part (which I was willing not to charge for and was a small amount--but he accepted), etc. It was actually a small part of this group's deposit that was held back, and some things I didn't charge for (such as the full landscaping restoration).

The largest charge was for the recycling sorting. Given the great volume of trash generated because of all the bottles and cans not sorted from the food and other garbage, we could have charged this group the $80 excess trash dump fee that is usually reserved for events held here--but instead, my husband spent over two and 1/2 very messy and unpleasant hours pulling all these recyclables out of the other garbage and cleaning them. I think this group got a good bargain at $20/hr for this service. We do have it clearly stated in the rental agreement and check out list that groups are supposed to do this themselves or they will be charged for it.

We do have signs up about care of our septic system in the house and about care using the decks and hot tub outside. There are a few signs offering things/information such as nightlights, emergency supplies, boots & umbrellas for guests to use. That is the limit of the "do's and don'ts." There is no sign, nor do we have a rule about shoes on the rugs--perhaps she is confusing this with another rental home? We provided the photos inside the kitchen cupboards at the request of an early Cedar Tree guest who said she thought it would be helpful to her and future guests, and avoid the need for future labeling. It seemed like a great idea to me.

We look forward to other groups who will come to enjoy, care for and relax in Cedar Tree House. You are most welcome.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.