“Great Location, Nice Facility”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Indoor Pool
Tennis Court
Game Room
Condo Floor Plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Denise M
“Beautiful resort and very family friendly but beware of any offers for discounted park tickets.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My family and I stayed at the Wyndham Kingsgate Resort for a week this summer. The resort and rooms were beautiful, nice pool area, movie theatre, miniature golf and plenty of things for the kids to do, all free. But be aware at check-in. You will be directed to the activities desk offering discounted park tickets or something of the like. There I found out that I was actually renting the condo from an "owner of the condo" and not Wyndham. I was not sure what this meant. I was then offered 3 Colonial Williamsburg tickets for $15 each which had to be purchased with a credit card and told me I just had to go to a " free lunch buffet" the next day and "listen to a presentation". I asked what the presentation was about and if this was an attempt to get me to buy a time share. I was told "No", they will just show you what Wyndham has to offer and they will know that you are a guest and not the owner of the condo. You just have to show up there and sign for the tickets.

Well the "buffet" was baked chicken, potato salad, and chips which we had to eat at someone's desk in a cubicle. Then we were taken to another desk where we were asked a bunch of personal questions about anything and everything. We were then shown 2 condo units, sat down again and then rudely badgered for about an hour and a half because we would not buy a time share or whatever they were pitching it as. They use lots of different tactics from, vacation being good for your health, to leaving somewhere to vacation to your children and grandchildren, to trying to insinuate that we do not take our kids on enough vacations! It was a huge waste of our time. I would have never agreed to go had the girl at the desk not flat out lied to me.

Avoid that activity desk, say no to any offers and your stay there will be great.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
4 Sep 2014
Hello,

Great to hear you enjoyed the condo during your stay. The resort is a Wyndham timeshare resort and they do offer gifts to attend presentations. It is unfortunate that they mis lead you. Our apologies for being mis lead about attending a sales presentation. We always recommend when we talk to guest that any offers of freebies normally come with a sales presentation.

WOW VO
TheHUTMan
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great Location, Nice Facility”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I have a large family (8) and in this case actually had adjoining units (1 single bedroom, and a two bedroom unit) with a pass through lockout hallway. We only used the kitchen in the 2 bedroom unit, and used the fold-out couch bed in the 1 bedroom unit as another bedroom.

Beds were decent, somewhat firm for my taste, but functional. Bathrooms were all very nice. Units were clean and well stocked with necessary supplies. Each unit comes with an apartment sized washer dryer, which we used for our longer stay (9 days). Appliances were all in good working condition. The 1 bedroom units have a combo microwave/oven which was somewhat confusing at first, but it worked as a third oven in making some pizzas.

The facility is very well kept, staff is friendly and helpful. My kids spent most of their time either playing miniature golf or swimming in one of their two pools (an indoor and and outdoor pool -- the outdoor pool includes a younger child area). Pools were in good shape and not very crowded during our stay.

We looked into the game area -- a number of games were out of order, and others were occupied. My kids didn't seem that interested and never asked to go back, so that was fine with us. There was a snack/food/drink bar with typical overpriced fair if you need it. We just stocked up with food from a local grocery store (many choices all nearby) or ate at one of many nearby restaurants.

Location is great ... Williamsburg is only minutes away. Jamestown and Yorktown are both close by. Norfolk was about an hour, and Virginia Beach a little under 1 1/2 hour drive away.

I read about the dreaded "parking pass" and the sales pitch ... but never got any. They simply handed me many promotional items for things to do with coupons. Never a single sales pitch. Nice.

The wi-fi worked most of the time, but during the evenings could be slow, probably due to overload. It was adequate for our needs.

My only complaint was the noise from the 2nd floor above us (we were on the 1st floor of a 2 floor unit). You could hear people waking around and kids either jumping or running -- there obviously isn't much sound insulation between floors and they squeak and clomp. Thankfully, it usually ended around 10 PM making for a quiet night's sleep.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, Clean
Liked least: Noise from upper floor
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
summertim...
Centreville, Virginia
“Excellent place to stay with great location.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I have stayed in two bedroom condo with my parents and 5 year old nephew for Summer stay in early July. I understand this is a timeshare resort, but I did not feel any pressure about it during my check-in. It was fairly quick and smooth. All the staff memebers I encountered were kind and nice. There is an activity fee of $5 per day, but it really was worth it. We enjoyed the 18 hole mini-golf after a long day spent at the Water Country. And about the room, they are big and spacious. Everything was clean and kitchen was fully equipped. One minor issue was the smell from the sewage, I believe, in the bathroom. It didn't bother my family too much, so I didn't notify the front desk. We stayed in the second floor, so there was another family staying upstairs. I could hear their footsteps sometimes, but it was understandable level of noise. This area has restaurants and Kmart nearby, so plenty of place to eat, and really close to colonial Williamsburg and Water Country/Busch Gardens. We actually drove an hour to the Virginia Beach for one day. The Location was just perfect. The resort was a great place to rest after a long day at theme parks.

Travelling group: Extended Family
jaspie197...
Rochester, New York
“Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This resort is in a great location, very close to restaurants, attractions, shopping and expressways. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. The view off our rear balcony included a pond with a fountain and ducks, turtles, and deer visiting.

Check in was easy. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful whenever we encountered them. We even received waves and smiles from the housekeeping staff as they drove by during their work. Bonus: I was never subjected to a timeshare sales pitch.

Our room was modern and well appointed. The kitchen appliances were all clean, modern, and worked well. The AC worked well, but was quiet enough to not wake us when it kicked on at night. The bathrooms were updated and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I thought it was comparable to a Hampton Inn.

While there, we made use of the pool area, hot tub, game room, computer room, and DVD rentals. Everything was great. The computer room had new Apple iMacs, not old PC junk like most hotel business centers.

In short, I thought this was a great value for my family of six. I have stayed at another resort in this area and paid a comparable price, but thought Wyndham Kingsgate was the better overall experience and value.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The room was large and modern.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
JudygRead...
Reading, PA
“More than we expected”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Stayed at Kingsgate last week of June. Traveled with my husband and daughter and her husband and 2 kids. Place was very large, beautiful décor, 2 lovely updated bathrooms with granite and tile, large DR and LR. Flat screen TVs in both bedrooms and LR. Kids could play their Xbox games. Got what I requested, top floor for quiet, close to pool and activities. Kids loved pool and arcade. Played minigolf. Close to everything in Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Busch Gardens and Watertown. Loved the vacation. Check in was a bit crazy and we had to wait for our room to be ready, but it was definitely all worth it. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large condo and beautiful decor.
Liked least: Check-in.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing