“Lovely stay a world away from DC.”
Experience charming LeFay Cottage! nestled at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
kelly k
“Lovely stay a world away from DC.”
Reviewed 7 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My wife and I spent two days at LeFay Cottage as a getaway during a recent trip to Washington, where temperatures were in the mid-90s and humidity was high. Once you turn west from Warrington the countryside becomes more and more beautiful. We were blown away by the Cottage when we opened the front door. Just a lovely place with all conveniences and lots of nice touches. The owner had provided helpful hints on where to eat in Speryville and Little Washington and we weren't disappointed. Wish we could have stayed longer. If we lived in DC we'd be regular visitors, but, alas, we live in France.

10 Jun 2018
Thank you for such a lovely review! I LOVE to make my guests happy, so it is so wonderful to hear that you thought that LeFay Cottage was lovely and had lot's of nice touches. .Provence is such a beautiful place where you live...so delighted that you also thought Washington, VA is also beautiful...it really is a jewel. Thank you again! Sally Anne
Pao S
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A charming cottage near the Blue Ridge”
Reviewed 4 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I stumbled upon this rare gem while looking for a place close to Shenandoah National Park for a trip with my family. We had initially planned to stay only one night but decided to stay longer once we saw the photos.

And we’re glad that we did! The cottage was even better than in the photos.

My sister absolutely loves the cottage. It is clean, specious and homey. The place is a few-minute drive away from the national park and has a nice view of the mountain. I would say this is the best part of our trip to Virginia.

Sally Anne is a gracious host. She is very responsive and helpful. I forgot my favorite jacket there and she helped me working on shipping it back.

Highly recommend!

7 May 2018
Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I have to say it made me so very happy to read your comments.

You are so right the location of the Cottage is great, not far from Shenandoah National Park for hiking, biking, rock climbing, fishing and other outdoor pursuits! Also, close to great restaurants, wineries, boutiques and a nine hole golf course!

Delighted you enjoyed your time here. Please do come back and visit!

EDEBM
New England
“Saved by Sally-Anne”
Reviewed 8 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We had planned a family get together at LeFay cottage. Unfortunately it was the weekend of the storm that crippled the DC area. On our way to the cottage Sally - Anne informed us power was out in the entire area. She said we could come to the cottage and she would supply blankets to keep us warm but no restaurants or wineries would be open.
After many calls she found us a bed and breakfast in another town that still had power. Without her help we would have been lost,and she refunded our payment almost immediately. I am sure her home is just as lovely as she is.

22 Jun 2018
Thank you so much for your review!
It was an awful storm and it was so unfortunate that you could not stay at the cottage. Delighted that my recommendation worked out for you and you still were able to dine at the Inn!
I do hope you will come back to visit.

mtaylor84...
Culpeper, Virginia
“Beautiful setting to enjoy friends”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I was invited to spend a weekend with friends at LeFay Cottage at Little Washington some weeks ago. The stay was more than I had anticipated. Warmth exuded throughout. We experienced several beautiful sunsets over the Blue Ridge Mountains as we sipped on our cocktails and were delighted one evening by Chef Andrew's amazing culinary skills. Our meal was fantastic. Loved that you can have a Chef come to cook for you at the Cottage.

I so enjoyed the first floor bedroom with the sumptuous linens and comfy bed with the lovely views of the land. Adjacent to my room I had a lovely bathroom which had Molton Brown products and super plush towels. The entire weekend was a wonderful experience and the Cottage is beautiful.

Your age range 65+
4 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am so very appreciative when my guests take the time to share with others their experiences! Chef Andrew is quite a hit...fantastic!
Do hope you will visit again.
Inspire70...
“LeFay Cottage was more than we could have expected!”
Reviewed 20 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Our stay at LeFay Cottage was more than we could have expected! My husband and I were looking for a quick quiet romantic getaway and were not disappointed! The home was well appointed with authentic french country decor throughout. The furniture was beautiful, comfortable and inviting. The cottage was filled with cozy comforts throughout such as, big comfy throws, pillows, down comforters, fluffy towels, soft sheets, room darkening drapes, scrumptious soaps, shampoos and conditioners. The home came with coffee for the Keurig, cream, sugar, sodas and a Brita in the fridge. Our cell service was a little spotty but the wifi was amazing (better than mine at home)! My husband and I were able to stream movies and be on our devices using the wifi and enabled wifi calling. The cottage is situated on a beautiful scenic piece of property in the foothills giving you a sense of privacy from the outside world. When we did wander out, we were able to enjoy antique shopping, wineries, a brewery and restaurants all within a 2-3mile radius. The three bedrooms were all beautifully decorated with their own unique character. The deck was spacious, picturesque and equipped with a table with seating for four and a gas grill. The fresh cut flowers in the kitchen and dining room were a touch of class. Sally-Anne's communication and hospitality were top notch. She was very agreeable and eager to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful weekend. Hope to Stay at LeFay Cottage again soon!

Your age range 35-49
20 Nov 2017
Thank you so much for such a beautiful review. I was delighted to receive your booking, which, as you shared, was a lovely spontaneous moment to get away for a romantic weekend. The cottage is indeed that special retreat! Your appreciation, gratitude and thoughtfully written review is heart warming. I do look forward to hosting you again! Maybe next time a girl's weekend getaway!!
SA
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing