other travellers have booked this property
Bring your bikes, across the street from the ocean
Close to the Beach COTTAGE COMPLEX WITH DUPLEX OPENING TO CENTER GARDEN, DUPLEX IS IN THE BACK LEFT
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Close to the Beach
2nd bedroom with 2 twins beds
THIS IS DUPLEX COTTAGE WITH DU AND DD
BBQ grill and picnic table right outside
Kitchen has full size Fridge and  Stove
Dining Table seats six
THE DUPLEX HAS COMFORTABLE LIVING ROOMS WITH SLEEPER
THE DUPLEX HAS COZY MASTER BEDROOM
THE DUPLEX HAS FULL USE OF THE POOL AT THE CUTTY SARK DIRECTLY ATCROSS THE STREET
Sofa bed
HANGING GARDEN ON GARDEN SHED
KING NEPTUNE WATCHES OVER US
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
like2trav...
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“family trip to the beach”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

The duplex was older (1920's) but fairly clean. Unfortunately we could hear the family downstairs too well and they were not exactly "family friendly" with their yelling and fighting all night. They also were smoking outside the entrance and drinking a lot. But the hotel staff was kind and personable. The kitchen stocked with only the basics. But it was right off the beach and good value for the money.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: close to the beach and stores
Liked least: the thin walls so we could hear the neighbors fighting
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
9 Jul 2013
WE ARE SO SORRY.WE DID SPEAK TO THE GUEST YOU MENTIONED. IT APPEARED IT HAD MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN BETTER. WE DO HAVE A NONE SMOKING POLICY INSIDE THE APTS BUT APPARENTLY, IT WAS NOT UNDERSTOOD OUTSIDE. WE DO APOLOGIZE. WE HOPE YOU WILL GIVE US A CHANCE TO DO BETTER. KINDEST REGARDS
onsafari...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sadly, not what I'd hoped.”
Reviewed 18 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

They call these "historical" cottages, and they are, if you consider that the plumbing and electrical have most likely not been updated since the home was built in the early 1900's. Most outlets do not even have the third grounding prong. The photos are generous at best. The duplex is actually quite dark with all dark wood paneling and dark carpet. Yes, it looked like it had been vacuumed recently. No, the carpet did not look like it had been CLEANED in quite some time. Everything just looked old, worn, and dirty. The bathroom and kitchen were a huge disappointment. Dark and, well, not quite clean. Everything is very old. Most of the pots & pans have had food burned onto the bottom of them, and the few pans for the oven I would strongly recommend lining with foil before using. Better yet, bring your own pots, pans & dishes.

We were also to bring our own towels and paper products... little did I know that paper products even included my own toilet paper... for $200/night???

The air conditioning consisted of two old, very loud window units - one in the kitchen area, and one in the smaller bedroom (with a double bed). Both had to be shut off at night in order to get any sleep.

As for the beds, they are definitely old, and the bedding is very simple. However, it is clean and comfortable.

The couch was simple but one end was broken.

One of my concerns was that there would be WiFi available - either at the duplex, or at the motel. I emailed to inquire before staying there and was told that there was free WiFi.
----Yes, there was WiFi. In a chair in the stairwell outdoors behind the hotel, next to the soda machine and in the direct line of traffic for anyone walking by. No table available and no outlet to plug in to for my computer. I spent the week searching out Wifi where my kids would also be comfortable hanging out. I found it, but it was disappointing for all of us to have to get up & walk/drive every day when what I really had hoped to do was let them play in the pool while I worked.

We never did swim in the pool, so I can't really speak to that, except to say that it's very (very!) small.

Finally, you should know that before leaving, we were expected to clean up after ourselves. We were instructed that there was a mop & vacuum cleaner in the closet and we were expected to use it. For the price I paid to stay there, I was quite upset that I was expected to clean the bathroom & kitchen upon my departure! But, they were holding my $300 security deposit hostage, and I wanted it back, so I felt like I had to comply.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was close to the beach
Liked least: It was not worth what I paid for it
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
17 Sep 2012
We regret to hear you were disappointed in you accommodations in The Duplex Downstairs. We do try to describe our facilities as accurate as possible. We will direct our attention to each of your concerns and correct all we can

We truly hope that overall you and your family enjoyed our Beautiful Resort City of Virginia Beach and that you will come again to The Cutty Sark Historic Cottages. Perhaps another of our cottages might be more suitable for you and your family. Each Cottage is individual in its design and accommodations. We would sincerely like to make this right for you.

Most Cordially

Ms. J. Koch
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing