“Therapeutic Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains Snow on the mountain top
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains
Snow on the mountain top
The living room with leather club furniture and 42 inch flat screen SAT TV
Kitchen
one of two bedrooms each with two double beds
One of two full bathrooms
Hill Top
Night time
Fire pit on the porch
Sunset
Looking through the windows of Pondview
Looking across the pond
Mountain View
Tent is available for events
Hanging out by the fire
Snow at the Cabins
Summer at the Cabins
Rose River Farm Rainbow
Native Brookie
Blue Gill in the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Christian...
“Therapeutic Getaway”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I've stayed at the yurt and fished the farm at least twice a year for the past 3 years. This place is my heaven. The yurts are beautiful and downright comfy and the scenery ain't too shabby either. I live and work in Washington DC. Rose River is only an hour and half away. Everytime I come for a visit it has always been a great stress reliever from the hustle and bustle of the city life. On a clear night the stars come out in full force. It's so beautiful. I don't get a cell signal while I'm there but that's a good thing (no work emails!). But have no fear, the yurt has wifi for a small fee. The staff I've encountered at the farm and yurt have always been friendly and helpful. If you have the opportunity to fish the farm do it! You're almost guaranteed to catch something. It's great for the fishing ego, especially for a beginner fly fisherman like myself. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
athomeinv...
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great family mountain retreat”
Reviewed 11 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We spent a night in the Mountain View Cabin with our two young children, and it was a perfect escape from city life on our way to Charlottesville. The White Oak Canyon hike was just right for a family and less than 15 minutes from the property. We plan to return and try the fishing next time!

Travelling group: Young Children
Brett C
Leesburg, Virginia
“Beautiful Getaway”
Reviewed 5 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

My son recently got into fly fishing, and found Rose River farm on the internet. I took the family to the Pond Cabin for two nights, and had a great time. The countryside is beatiful, the "yurt" cabins are a great design and comfortable, and everyone with Rose River Farm was very friendly and helfpul throughout the stay. And my son and I had a great time fishing the area waters, while my wife and daughter ventured off to an Alpaca farm near Culpeper.
Going to plan far enough ahead to reserve river time on the main farm for fishing. But the Robinson river across from the cabins proved fun on this trip.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The great fishing.
Liked least: Cell coverage & shopping coveniences (but is meant to be a getaway!)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
PJoeyA
Chester, Virginia
“Very enjoyable get-away”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Our family just returned home from staying at the cabins at Rose River Farm. I wanted to send a note to say "Thank you" for allowing us the privilege to stay in the Mountain View Cabin. The cabin was very comfortable and nice. We had rain while there, but that did not dampen our stay at all. It actually helped us rest even more. I had a fly fishing lesson with Gary on Monday and found him to be a great teacher and conversationalist. I enjoyed that very much.
We also appreciate the special of two nights/one free.
Again, thank you for this wonderful place and allowing us to stay there. We will recommend it to friends.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Julie S
“Our summer escape at Rose River Farms was our home for three days!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We had an incredible stay at the immaculate pond view cabin. We are exhausted as we stayed busy our entire trip. From fishing in the pond, horseback riding to hiking up the White Oak Canyon Falls Trail to discover paradise 2 miles up, we did it all. The natural falls create five pools where our children had a wonderful time playing and discovering this amazing wonder! After long, hard days, we went to our private retreat at the cabin, cooked our spectacular meal, enjoyed a fire and retired to a comfortable, cozy bed. We could not have asked for more!

We will definitely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The secluded experience coupled with the property! Kids rode bikes, fished, played soccer, the works! Loved it all
Liked least: None - loved it all
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing