“Both the savory pies and the sweet pies are amazing.”
Review of Firkin Pie Company

Firkin Pie Company
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Staunton
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Firkin Pie is just as much of a restaurant as a bakery. We love grabbing lunch here or picking up for dinner. Call in your order ahead of time - the weekly menu can be found on their Facebook page - and pick up before they close at 4:00 pm. We love the regular pies - the New Zealand beef and cheddar hand pie and the chicken pot pie. We also love trying the "pie of the week." Broccoli and cheddar and Tuscan were favorites. Every week the sweet pie flavors are different. It's been fun to get one of each and share them with the family.

It is also a great spot to grab a weekend brunch. The quiche was delicious.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 27 January 2020

I have not sat down to eat here, but I have purchased numerous pies at Firkin Pie Company over the last eighteen months for "special occasions." Firkin made a pear/apple pie last autumn that was incredibly delicious! My go-to baker when friends are coming to dinner.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 21 May 2019

I had a chicken pot pie, a caramelized onion and blue cheese hand pie, a banana cream pie, a salad, and I purchased a "Day Old" sausage roll as well.

All was delicious. I will be back for more next time I am in town.

The crust was yummy. I suppose you could throw anything in this crust and it will be good. Thankfully, the Pie Masters are also concerned with the fillings, so we get the best of both worlds and an all-around great product.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 19 January 2019

Have had pies from Firkin often. Their sweet pies are out of this world, whether you pick a small individual pie or a large pie. And their savory pies are just as good. They will make pies to order -- I have done this because of dietary restrictions.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Not just sweet pies! Her savory hand pies are to die for! The flavors change every week. We had the samosa and it was just like eating at an Indian restaurant. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018