“Unique Burgers & Fries”

Ranked #7 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're a beer and burger joint, plain and simple. You can always expect a friendly, intimate experience when you walk into our quirky little barspace. Amazing burgers made with 100% Wagyu beef, over 100 craft beers to choose from, and a personal touch from one of our attentive beertenders will help you find an experience here that you can't get just anywhere. Come on in, and don't forget to ask about our "Notch Club" ;)
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Driving I-81 South toward Knoxville, my wife read the great reviews of this restaurant so we decided to risk a detour. So glad we did. The burgers are indeed delicious, and unique. We had a Dr Gonzo burger (with sautéed shrooms and onions) and a cheeseburger. Just as special were the sweet potato fries - best we’ve ever had - and house dipping sauce. Yum!

Tips: Seating is tight (this is a popular place) and parking can also be a challenge since this restaurant is located in downtown Roanoke. But if you have the time and patience, this place is worth it. Bravo, folks.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (358)

Reviewed 28 January 2021

Been here four times. Funky little place. Emphasize little. During COVID times, could be hard to get a seat. Also a good watering hole. But the burgers. This is why I come here. Oh. And the CRISPY sweet potato fries. If you’re a person who l-o-v-e-s a good burger - gotta give it a go. This place and Avenue Eats in Wheeling, WV (of all places). No fru-fru burgers. Yes, they have a menu with a smattering of what many would consider “gourmet” burgers. But it’s the burger - the meat - that you taste. Goooooood stuff!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 14 October 2020

The burgers were awesome with their "secret sauce". Great selection of beers. The servers were very efficient and friendly. Spot on recommendation for the type of beer we were looking for. Must go to if you are in the mood for a "real" burger.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020

While planning my trip I have been researching restaurants. I found this one to have high reviews and the pictures made the food look sooo good. However, be careful, because pictures can be a bit deceiving. Though the burger was good it was much smaller then I expected. The fries were very salty and I could only eat about 1/3 of the order. The one outstanding item was the fried Oreos. They were worth the order alone. I think I might try them again, but now I have more realistic expectations. I will not be ordering fries though.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 30 July 2020 via mobile

A true dive bar with excellent food. I had the Popeye burger which includes spinach and artichoke dip, fried onions, and Martin’s potato chips. My wife’s burger had carmelized onions and JB sauce. The JB sauce that comes with the burgers is so delicious. We shared a basket of cheese fries, which our waitress suggested. Glad she did. The cheese sauce was like you would use for Mac and cheese and so delicious.

We had the fried Oreos for dessert. My wife was skeptical, but soon became a fan. The Oreos are like a beignet that happens to have an Oreo in its center. You will definitely want to save room for some.

The decor is eclectic and funky. There wasn’t anything we ate here that was not outstanding. Waitress was outstanding as well. We’d definitely return.

Date of visit: July 2020