“Quiet and secluded”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
River Front Cabin with Canoe and Kayaks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kal59
Illinois
“Beautiful yard and exterior cabin”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Lots of yard for pets and kids to play. Nice fire pit and a covered area with a picnic table.Dog run and 2 dog houses. Kayaks and canoe.
Inside the cabin was disappointing. Hodgepodge of what one would assume was yard sale decor and utensils. Curtains too short. sheets wouldn't stay on bed, and one twin bed should be thrown away. Poor indoor lighting except for the bathroom. No mirror in upstairs bathroom.
Be prepared to take your trash with you or you will be charged $50.
Poor cell service. A short walk to the river put-in for the kayaks. The weekend we were there the water was to high running 5000cfs.
We did not use the hot tub. Front porch was great!
Very little traffic. Unfortunately with the weather we were not able to enjoy the out door activities. Would be a great spot for a group of young people who would be using the river, or a for a fishing trip.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Jul 2017
I am sorry neither the weather or river cooperated with you..
However I did listen to your legitimate complaints.
I purchased 4 beds for upstairs.
I replaced all the burned out light bulbs.
Added more lamps
Purchased new sheetsand discarded older worn out ones
I am slowly replacing the hodge podge of decor.
I changed cleaning companies.
I take reviews and suggestions to heart.
I listen to my customers and make improvements according to importance.
I am the booking agent only. However Itake very hands on approach in improving Island Ford. I will make every effort to make this 5 star cabin.
Reviewed 28 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
carol c
Charlottesville, Virginia
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 28 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Beautiful cabin Amazing setting Best get away!! Loved it! We cooked all our meals outside on out door grill/fire pit. Fantastic pavillion ideal for a family reunion. Great romantic get away.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
10 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review.
Island Ford will just get better and better! So please plan a return visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing