“Juke box at tables”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

if you want the traditional old school diner with juke box at the tables ...then this is your kind of place to check out. Has beer/wine. Great variety of items to choose from. Busy place. Clean. definitely a place to check out if you want a diner in Reston area. We had a lamb burger n fries and fish tacos. Both tasty.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Wanted something different to eat so we tried the Silver Diner, expectations weren't too high, but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of the food. Tried the KICKIN’ SHORT RIB BURGER (without bacon) and the PHILLY STEAK sandwich. Both were excellent.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of stopping at the Silver diner on a rainy Monday morning. Our experience began by being greeted by a host who promptly sat us in a big ol comfortable booth and told us that our server "Andy" would be with us shortly. And he was. Probably offering us a hot cuppa coffee and returning to take her order. The menu, although is a diner has many local and fresh farm options. We quickly ordered our favorites. Pancakes for me and for my guy a full platter that consisted of eggs over easy, home fries, sausage and toast. The toast ( three honkin' pieces) was multigrain and reported to be delicious. The service was nice but not intrusive and one of the owner partners came by at the end of the meal to see how everything was. High marks all around. A real shiny silver experience with the charm of the Classic American diner.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

This is the 2nd time we have been to this one. It's a good place overall. The food is good and seems fresh. I had the Bison Burger. It was cooked how I ordered it and the grilled veggies were very good. We also had a health shake and it was very good too. Silver Diner does have a lot of foods for the health conscious and that's good since I have diabetes and my wife has heart problems. They are just a bit expensive and the service could be better although it wasn't bad.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Came here with family for Easter brunch. It was not crowded. Had a warm reception up front and we were seated right away. Got our drinks right away then service got slower. My coffee was good but refill was slow. Kids food was good but they are easy to please - grilled cheese and French toast - if you mess those up, that is a problem.

My huevos rancheros was ok. Tortillas were dark, tasted burnt and one was soggy (with oil) in the middle. Should have sent them back but couldn't find our waitress. My husband had angus beef meatloaf but somehow it tasted sweet and just not quite right. My husband even said that my homemade turkey meatloaf tastes much better. Mashed potatoes tasted like it came from the box.

Overall, disappointed with this visit. Maybe next time but that is not going to happen any time soon.

TIP: if your huevos rancheros came with dark tortillas, send them back. Or better yet, go to Amphora.

SilverDiner-Rob, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

M D, thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear your service was spotty and got worse as time went on. We take a great deal of pride in our service and the quality and presentation of our food, and I'm sorry both weren't pleasing. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an email at communityrelations@silverdiner.com so I can assist you with this situation. Once again I apologize for your experience, and hope you choose us to dine again soon. Thanks!