“The Counter counts!”

The Counter
Ranked #20 of 165 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I wanted a quick Burger, something American! We dashed into The Counter and what an experience! I had the Old School Burger with Sweet potato fries and choc milkshake! Awesome! The waiter (his name is Mo) was very helpful and made the experience worth while! To top it off, the owner wanted to know more of where I come from etc. and even gave me a complimentary burger on my next visit. Needless to say I was back the very next day! Wonderful place! Nice Vibe! Excellent service and great value!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

First, the food: When I was seated, I was awed by the amount of options available for the burger. There are numerous options for your protein, buns, toppings, sauces, etc. I can honestly say that I have had very few burgers that hold a candle to the one that I ate at The Counter. On top of that, they have boozy milkshakes! We told the bartender we trusted her to make something awesome with the birthday cake ice cream. She splashed some Vanilla Stoli in there and it made for a perfect end to the meal. If only for the food alone, this place would get five stars.

However, the service was probably the worst I've ever experienced. After beating seated, it took over 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order. And we had already waited so long and were so hungry that before she could leave we just gave her our "create a burger" menus so that we wouldn't have to wait for her to come back. Our waitress never came to check on us and we basically had to flag her down to let her know we wanted the check. I'd go back for the food, but I would sit at the bar where the server cannot ignore you. It pains me to give a low score for such a good meal, but the food is only half the equation.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Great concept! You choose everything from the type of bun (or salad) to the meat and sauces. The burger was delicious. The shoestring fries and sweet potato fries were great, too! The menu provided gluten free options. The portions were generous.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

We wanted a burger for dinner and decided to stop at Counter.
We read the reviews before going and wondered if they were accurate enough to take the chance. Well, they were accurate.
The meal consisted of a 1/3 lb. Bison burger and fries for myself and a 1/4 lb. Bison burger for her. The time between the order and serving of our food was approximately 35 mins. Too long for a burger and fries. The burgers were average, nothing great and the fries were the same. When the bill came, I could not believe the price for two drinks, burgers and fries.....$58.
That is not the price you would expect for average food. I have had bison burgers from several places in the past and this is not one that I can say was remarkable. Not bad but, not better than any other burgers I have had. So, I cannot say this is a place I will venture again. Service slow, food average and price way to slow.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

The shtick at this small place in Reston Town Center is to build your own burger from a list of choices from a form on the table. We've been there twice and no matter what you build, it all comes out tasting pretty average. The prices are way out of line, especially since the topping choices come in such small amounts as to be negligible. The sides are also nothing special and priced separately. They do have a fairly good selection of beers and a choose your own beer flight. The small place feels very crowded and noisy with the few tables very close together.