1,234 results
All reviews treaty grounds shuttle bus buffet dinner pool area sea view beautiful location bit dated tennis courts the ground floor bay paihia deck waterfront
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This visit was great. Staff were a lot happier and customer focused. Restaurant was good with decent vegetarian options. Bed was very comfortable and room was heated before we arrived in the winter weather. Sea view rooms are always nice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Angus L
Matthew_Hambly, Manager at Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Good Afternoon. Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Matthew Hambly, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Fell in love with this place from the moment we arrived. Staff we helpful and friendly, the room was lovely and looked out over the bay. The location was fabulous and I wished we had more time here, perfect for everyone. The food was outstanding and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for a water view, also would try upstairs next time as a group above us were very noisy when walking
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Matthew_Hambly, Manager at Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Good Evening. Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Matthew Hambly, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This is the fourth time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel and unfortunately our experience has been steadily declining each time. The location of the hotel is great, it's right on the water, an easy walk to the beach and a longer walk (perhaps 2km) to town.

We had specifically requested a room in a particular wing of the hotel that we'd stayed in before and knew was nice (Hibiscus wing), but when we arrived we were told the only rooms available were in Sea Spray wing, which is not as nice. We went to the new room and found that there were two double beds instead of a king bed, and the room smelled of urine. The bathroom did not appear to have been cleaned either. My comment at the time was that anyone who quickly entered the room and glanced around would know it wasn't suitable for guests.

We complained and were moved upstairs to a room with a king bed. Great. This room didn't smell, also great. Took the bed spread off and it was filthy. Yellow stains that I hope were coffee and brown smears that I hope were old food. Again we complained and the porter came up with a fresh duvet - which didn't fit. He came back with another which did fit but still wasn't clean. They obviously don't wash the bedding between guests. He came back once more and this one was ok.

The bathroom door had about 5cm of discoloration/rot at the bottom as if the room had flooded at some point.

Finally, there was an issue with the toilet. It flushed weakly and took 15 minutes to refill.

From there, the stay was ok, we didn't have further complaints.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarlB2819
Matthew_Hambly, Manager at Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Good Afternoon. Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the experiences you had with our Housekeeping Department were not up to our normal high standards. The hotel does not guarantee wings when it comes to bookings as this is to hard to guarantee due to maintenance, seasonality and large groups. I can also assure you that we each time we have a room check out we replace sheets and bedspreads as standard. The last you which you were allocated and finally settled for is in an area of the hotel which does not have as strong water pressure as other areas which is the reason for the slow filling of the toilet. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. I am sorry that your stay did not meet with expectations. I shall pass on the specific points mentioned in your review. Warm Regards, Matthew Hambly, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Amazing Amazing stay as always. Have stayed there before multiple times and has always been great. The food is amazing and not over priced. The location is fantastic and the rooms were tidy and the grounds were perfect.

Would stay here anytime again.

A++++