“Best Falafel and Hummus I've ever experienced”
Review of Cafe Jerusalem

Cafe Jerusalem
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Kerikeri
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

Genuinely a life changing meal. The hummus and falafel was the best I've ever had in my life. The meat mains were insanely good. We got a platter with falafel, kofta, lamb, and chicken. Comes with Pita, hummus, tzatziki, salad, and tabbouleh.

The chocolate cake was literally the best cake I've ever had in my life.

Incredible food, worth every cent (and extremely reasonably priced regardless).

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank EmilyM5229

Reviewed 12 January 2022 via mobile

This was so much fun. Something about the shared nature of the meal—we ordered platters—combined with the novelty of the cuisine made this a real event. I’ve never had Israeli food before but this seemed to be outstanding. I think my favourite was the labaneh, which we ordered as a starter. Even my kids (9, 5) thought it was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 9 January 2022 via mobile

Visited with friends. Had 2 of the mezze platters as recommended by them. All of the food presented was fresh and delicious. We had the Israeli red wine to accompany and chocolate cake to finish.

The server was professional and friendly. A truly wonderful meal.

I cannot recommend this gem of a cafe more.

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

My daughter and I were visiting Kerikeri for a few days r & r. Liked the look of this menu as we both love middle eastern food. Absolutely loved everything about it. Cosy, welcoming, comfortable, casual and the food was fantastic. Great wines too. Wish I lived here; I'd go here every week.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 24 May 2021

The ambiance is great, the cafe tiny but cosy, the food is delicious. Service is friendly and quick. Seems to be one of the few cafes in town actually open most of the time, even when its not business hours for the CBD. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2021