“The Most Tasteless Chicken Pie l Ever Tasted!!! 😲🥴🥵”
Review of Main Street Deli

Main Street Deli
Ranked #4 of 4 Quick Bites in Greytown
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Afternoons spent sitting in the sun, drinking freshly roasted coffee, laughing with friends, and listening to the birds sing. this is the heart of greytown. this is the main st. deli. enjoy our fresh home baking, taste our salads crafted from fresh seasonal ingredients, sample a range of artisanal deli foods, and take home a jar of our signature homemade preserves. we've also expanded our deli and given our courtyard garden a gorgeous makeover. head outdoors to the quiet rear courtyard, sit amongst the maples and enjoy all the main st. deli has to offer.
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

After working almost an hour for our food yesterday on Anzac day, I was served the most tasteless chicken pie that I have ever had.
It was supposed to be a chicken pie with some added herbs. But what l tasted was so bland... no amount of salt and pepper couldn't enhance the flavours anymore!!
Not only that, it was $20....... terribly expensive for a tasteless pie!!

The food definitely looked much better than it tasted.
It was also served with some mashed potato and green peas. The tasteless green peas felt like it boiled for yonks!!
Only the mashed Potato had some flavour to it

My two friends however did enjoy their $22 medium sized bowls of seafood chowder.

The deli's had a nice comfortable sunny surroundings..... hence a two star rating!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (222)

Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

Stopped in for brunch with husband and baby.

We ordered the “Healthy breakfast” described as poached eggs with smashed avocado and feta with grilled lemon - was presented with untoasted bread topped with some kind of gloopy obviously processed or frozen avocado (tasted like chemicals), no sign of any feta and the “grilled lemon” was raw and hard.
What I ate of it was honestly disgusting- how they can serve this meal for the $20 price tag is beyond me - I felt quite misled. No staff around to complain to and nobody asked how the food was. Will definitely not visit again it was a major ripoff! Side note - I am generally not a complainer and can only recall ever being compelled to write reviews a couple of times my whole life - this was BAD!

Reviewed 21 April 2021

The chicken teriyaki salad was much better this time round here. Everything was tasty, service was good.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Mushrooms drowned in balsamic vinegar , coffee arrived 10 minutes before meal- forgot orange juice expensive for what it was

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

Stopped here for a late lunch and received good friendly service. Partner had a beef pie and coffee and a slice and I had an iced chocolate and piece of cake. Unfortunately the pie was mainly gravy with two small pieces of meat and lots of pastry! My piece of cake was a bit tasteless,however the drinks were good. It was in nice setting with outside dining available.

Date of visit: February 2021