“Great cafe worth stopping by.”
Review of French Bakery

French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Greytown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

There are so many cafes you can try in Wairarapa. We decided to have brunch at French Baker in Greytown. Small cafe and it seems to be always busy. Yummy looking pastries, bread and filled rolls at the counter and small selection of blackboard menu. Even though their baking looked tempting, we opted for scrambled eggs on ciabatta. It was nice and creamy, just the way I like! Coffee was nice too.
A lady sat next to us dropped her knife and the guy behind the counter (the owner?) quickly came to give her a new one. Good to see this kind of attentive service!
I will definitely go there again when I am in the Wairarapa.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We just popped for coffee, very good coffee too, but one look at the food was enough for us to try the delicious looking pain au raisin. Excellent, and authentic, and we bought a loaf of ciabatta to take away for lunch.
The lunch blackboard menu looked really good, and the place was busy.
We are in Greytown for 2 weeks so this will be our local, can't wait to try the limone tarts!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch here on a busy Saturday. Great crusty bread, yummy pies and quiche. Followed g pannier and coffee. Can recommend lunch here.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed a very delicious bowl of soup for lunch here on a wintery day recently. My companion and I both opted for the same soup, of the two on offer. We were served with a generous bowl of creamy Leek, Potato & Bacon soup, accompanied by three large slices of baguette. The soup was very enjoyable, served hot and quickly. Coffee here is also excellent along with the friendly service. Thank you. I would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We drove to Greytown for breakfast on a Sunday morning. The French Bakery was very busy and we got the last empty table. We had scrambled eggs with salmon and orange/apple juice. The food was good and the place was still full of customers when we left.