“Great coffee, good morning vibes.”

Neighbourhood Coffee House
Description: In The Neighbourhood Coffee & Bake House is the home of Neighbourhood Coffee, roasted fresh in the heart of Martinborough. We are a micro roaster, coffee house, and retailer. We love our wee Neighbourhood and we also love what we do. Our aim is to deliver the tastiest coffee, in a chilled out environment in the cutiest little town in the Wairarapa. We offer an exciting range of cabinet food from freshly baked rustic pastries, slices and cakes to super-food smoothies, and gluten free delights, our bakers whip up a fine batch of cheese scones every morning, voted the best in NZ by the crew at Radio Live NZ, we’re pretty super excited about that! We have a very simple coffee philosophy, we source high quality coffee beans, and accomplish an excellent roasted coffee that is consistent in flavor and simply serve it with care and respect. The crew at In the Neighbourhood Coffee House are all about embracing community, so make sure you call in when your next in our neck of the woods.
Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Finally found a fully decent coffee in the Waiarapa at The Neighbourhood Coffee House. Accompanied by a delicious date and orange scone, this stop off was a great way to start my travels today.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (163)

Reviewed 16 October 2021

I came in for lunch with my partner. We ordered 2 vegetarian tofu burritos and a custard danish each, My partner also had a coffee.
The decoration was great and the place packed, the food looked appetizing in the cabinet.

The danishes was not particularly crisp, perhapse they have been sitting in the cabin for too long? feel the same I would have gotten at any super market.

Unfortunately they screwed up our order, giving us chick burritos instead of the vegetarian ones we ordered. I was able to get a replacement but the replacement also took a long time to come and I had to ask for them a few times. For this reason this review was down graded from 4 star to 3 star.

The price is fairly high, for a small burrito (3cm across) it was $9 each,although cafes in NZ generally overcharges so I wont particularly hold it against them, more of a commentary against cafe culture in NZ as a whole.

I cannot comment on the coffee as I didnt have one, my partner seems to have enjoyed the takeaway cheese scone she got.

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Amazing scones. Great coffee. Looks like it’s popular with locals as well so you can’t go wrong. Been there 3 days in a row which should be testament enough

Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

An inviting ambience and equally inviting cabinet selection. I enjoyed the best flat white here was served by the warm and engaging staff. The Neighborhood is a must next time we’re in the Wairarapa.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank brunchandmore
Reviewed 25 April 2021

I have to say the display of food in the cabinets is as varied and as good looking as I have ever seen. The place has a a great vibe and is obviously popular. Our selection of savory muffin and orange/date scone were tasty and the coffee excellent.

Date of visit: April 2021