“SIMPLY THE BEAT”
Review of Cafe Medici

Cafe Medici
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Semi formal Bistro café ala carte menu, Children menú available with a daily chef special
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

The vegan Tofu scrambled was the best I have ever had. I was so impressed I’m now typing this on this site that I never put reviews on.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (615)

Reviewed 9 July 2021 via mobile

We went here for breakfast. The two things that made the experience poor were firstly - poached eggs are supposed to have a ‘runny’ yolk, and unfortunately they were not. On an eggs Benedict a ‘runny’ yolk is what one expects. For a restaurant that prides itself on making food from scratch this was less then expected. The second aspect was the music. For the short time we were there the music was loud, then off, then quite… the ambience was terrible. I won’t be returning - especially when there are other better options just across the road.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021

Three of us had lunch at Cafe Medici. It is very spacious with indoor/outdoor seating. The food was varied and top class as was the service, particularly from Tamara. I would recommend the Medici club sandwich. It also provides many and varied drinks both wines and soft drinks, tea and coffee. We would strongly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Martinborough. Good on you Medici.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Used to be a local favourite but today’s experience killed it for me. Staff couldn’t keep the front door closed on a cold day. Aspects of breakfast cold, and worst of all - they can’t poach an egg. Not a pleasant experience.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank RWS-NZ1
Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

Popped in here for hot drinks in the arvo and man alive , had the best cheese scone I’ve had in years. Hot drinks were lovely too ! Would go back again !

Date of visit: April 2021