“Good, slightly querky winery restaurant”

The Vineyard Cafe at Margrain Vineyard
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Martinborough
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We ate here whilst visiting some wineries in the area, and were pleased with our choice. I had the Spanish Gypsy Stew which was filling and plentiful, but was maybe too heavy with the chickpea component. Wine tasting here is fun too, with lots of amusing notices around and we were guided by a family member who had a good sense of humour too. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I feel like this should be more of a review for the wine, but honestly the fries here are amazing, as is the shared platter.
Lovely staff too, very friendly and accomodating.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Popped in to buy a few bottles of my wifes favourite Pinot Gris, decided to do a tasting, which was nice. I am not really a win drinker, but the lovely lady who explained the differences made it very interesting.

I sat out in the sun overlooking to vineyards at the cafe and waited for my wife who was buying some bottles, a nice young lady asked if she could help, so I ordered two coffee's which arrived quickly and were nice.

Cant comment on the cafe really, but it was nice and everyone seemed to be happy.

On a good day the view is great and would certainly recommend and very much recommend the tasting room

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, nice location. Meals and wine tasting available. Bookings possible. Was very busy when we went but there are lots of areas to sit. Pretty outlook from the cafe.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We chose The Vineyard Cafe at Margrain Vineyard with our family for a lunch with
their Uncle and Aunt who are here from the UK. It met all our requirements as we grandchildren with us, beautiful outlook, availability for the children not to be restricted inside, unfortunately the only let down was some of the food which was average at best.
After we'd finished only half the table was cleared, no one asked if we'd like more drinks or if we'd have liked dessert. I realize the staff where busy, we did go inside to a couple of times to ask for ice cream etc, it was a beautiful day, they must have known they would be busy.
On the upside we did have a lovely time, the lady who was singing was wonderful, our little people love it.