All reviews buffet style lovely bathroom large room rooms are comfortable full english tea coffee stayed for one night breakfast was excellent would stay again reception area free parking wedding festival iron tlc hairdryer mirror
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got to the hotel at about 11.45 and they checked us in straight away. We stayed at the one over the road, big car park ideal for our sprinter van. The rooms was clean and tidy and at breakfast a lovely choice to eat. For the price you can’t moan!! Good location. If I am in Romford again I will be booking here!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank oli563
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

An adequate hotel, ok for overnight which is what we wanted, but looking at the competition - this needs entry to the 21st century as far as guest expectation is concerned!!
We paid extra £3.00 for Junior Suite - thank goodness!! Very clean room in main hotel and comfortable super king bed. Tea and coffeee facilities, hairdryer and trouser press. Avoid annexe as this is across a very busy main road.
On the downside - curtaining that was almost flat as insufficient material, and lacking of curtain hooks so there were gaps from the hanging pole! A Mascerator in the toilet sounded like a wild beast was about to escape when any water left the bathroom. Equally, this created an unpleasant smell ( lucky I took the magical V I Poo spray! )
Come on.......... at £98 for a Saturday night, there is serious competition out there. Guests expect basic curtain hooks to be in place, for curtains to fit in gathers not stretched flat and a plug in smellie In the bedroom is not only last century too- it alerts the guest to the fact that there is an odour problem !!
Breakfast was ok- full English but a packed breakfast room should alert to better planning particularly of drinks.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBWestSussex
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Disappointing. Arrived at the hotel to find no parking spaces. Went to check-in to find out we were actually staying across the road in the other building, which did have parking spaces. However, across the road doesn't clarify how busy the road is. Also breakfast and the bar are in the main building, which meant having to cross the road several times. Rooms are adequate, if a little dated. We had two windows, one of which was a lovely view of a sheet of plywood fixed to the other side. The other window had curtains that didn't quite meet in the middle! Bathroom is a good size and included a bidet. Met friends in the bar with the intention of having dinner before going out. Only to be told the restaurant wasn't opening until Monday! Staff were helpful though and arranged taxis for us. Overall value for money but really only 2 stars in my opinion

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Hotel divided in two on either side of a busy main road. Breakfast served in the main part, so guests in the annex have to cross this road every morning. Only served until 9.00 am during the week, a bit early for anyone on holiday and anyone arriving at 8.55 am would find the food being cleared away. Very little parking around the main building. 5-6 parking spaces in front of the annex, more to the rear but no direct access to the hotel. Necessary to go out into the street and cross the front parking to reach the entrance, Room on 2nd floor, no lift - not good for 70+ year olds. Room well furnished and clean, bathroom looked new, but would certainly never stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the annex!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Due to a home emergency, my wife and I needed an alternative place to spend the night and were driven to this place by a very eager minicab driver who, with the benefit of hindsight, was a little too lavish in the way he recommended this hotel to us.
We didn’t arrive until 2am and were immediately told that none of their standard double rooms @ £80 per night were available, just a ‘junior suite’ (yeah, right!) for £100. We were desperate, and they knew it, so we accepted. The ‘junior suite’, at best, was no different to any standard double room you’d expect at any budget hotel. Though, to be fair to budget hotels, the water pressure in their rooms is always sufficient to allow a decent shower. Not so in this instance.
The more suspicious side of my nature might suggest the extra £20 is merely to cover a ‘commission’ to the over zealous cab driver.
After 3 hours sleep, we were rudely woken at about 5am by the kitchen and cleaning staff, presumably starting their shift, literally shouting and barking instructions at each other. This continued until about 9am when we finally gave up ever getting back to sleep and, after aborted attempts to shower, got changed and vacated the room.
The attitude of the woman on reception when we complained, implied she was very much used to this sort of thing, and she was quick to offer a refund of £15, apparently the maximum allowed without ‘head office approval’.
We left without eating breakfast and assured her we’d be contacting head office ((Sitgroup in Ilford) first thing Monday morning.
I sent a total of 3 emails spoke with 2-3 different people and left at least 4-5 messages, all unreturned.
The only gentleman with the authority to deal with such complaints was a man called Rahan who I was constantly told was very busy and “preoccupied” with other matters.
I’ve finally given up hope of ever receiving a callback. The last person I spoke with even said I’d not get anything more than the cursory £15 already offered.
I’ve never ever encountered a hotel/hotel group with less concern for customer care.
I pity any poor soul who ever has the misfortune to stumble upon this place when in as desperate a position as we were.
It’s in a nice enough area, but please don’t be fooled.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple