All reviews the bar restaurant staff rooms are nicely decorated great choice at breakfast whole event lovely anniversary meal sunday lunch main bar there is no air conditioning a short taxi ride manchester airport christmas decorations beautiful hotel hotel stay boutique hotel bottle of prosecco family wedding mini break
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I must say that I can't really fault this hotel, room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, reception staff were happy to help with any questions we had and organised us a taxi for our evening out.

We had some food and drinks in the bat which was excellent

Breakfast was gorgeous too

Absolutely top nights stay and would thoroughly recommend

1  Thank Woz2083
TheStanneylands, General Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Guest

Wonderful feedback, thank you so much.

I am so pleased that you all had a fabulous time at the Hotel and that you enjoyed the food and service that you received.

I will certainly communicate your encouraging feedback to my Team.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, however I stayed in room 209 which firstly I couldn't get in and ended up waiting in a corridor whilst the night staff sorted the room fob out. Got into my room which was lovely, very clean. Was woken up at 6am with a loud banging noise which sounded like heating system trying to work. Gave it 15 mins but didn't stop and continued for another hour. In the end I just got ready and left as there was no point in trying to sleep through that! I'm absoulty exhausted as if been at a wedding the evening before and only managed to get 5 hours sleep. Told reception and she said she will make a note of it and still charged me the full £95.00 for the stay. I'm extremely disappointed, the hotel itself is amazing however needs to work on customer satisfaction as I really don't know how they could charge me full price for less than 7 hours stay which was down to them. Very unhappy and extremely tired now.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LornaH278

Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hotel and I cannot apologise enough for your concerns raised.

Would you be so kind and contact me via email, john.scott@alderleyedgehotel.com so that I can discuss your feedback with you personally.

My apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I booked with a booking site at the last minute due to being let down by another hotel. The booking said a double bed had been booked. I called to clarify that i had requested a twin room. Bloke on reception said they had rooms only at a higher rate as only twin was an upgraded room. I agreed 120 a night. When i got to the room it had a double bed in it! Eventually got a twin room. No remote control in the room. Called room service who never came. After 20 mins went to reception to get a remote. Breakfast good. Room quiet and comfortable. Saturday night went to eat at the bar. The barman who had made me a beautiful bloody mary the night before conplete with celery stick made me a poor drink with not even a slice of lemon the next night! Ordered cheese on toast. Sister beetroot salad. Salad was a bite size portion. Cheese on toast was inedible. Stale with rancid grey chips. Sent it back. When we went to check out the receptionist took these off the bill but then we realised we had been charged 135 for the saturday night. Not v happy. Again receptionist sorted for us. Pretty expensive and inconsistent for an hotel at this level. Plus large wedding parties each night. Seriously need to sort standards out or lower the room rate.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth004

Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Hotel and my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Would you be so kind and email me your contact details so that I can contact you to discuss your concerns in person.

My email address is john.scott@alderleyedgehotel.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Booked to celebrate an Anniversary as a surprise.
Wow what can I say. Absolutely love this place, can't believe I never knew about it only being 40 mins from us.
My wife and I love a date night and spending time trying new places.
I chose an all in package including room, meal and breakfast.
Everything was superb, the room stunning, the meal was lovely as tasty and breakfast was fabulous.
On arrival the staff were very professional and friendly, got chatting to the guy that checked us in (don't recall his name) and he loved my custom made Rock T Shirts so I pointed him where he could get them. Nice to have chats with people and genuine interest shown in you as a guest. Great service.
Unfortunately my wife took quite ill during our stay, no fault of the venue or staff, but a medical condition decided to flare up on our treat night which meant she couldn't enjoy the whole evening as much as she wanted.
On checkout I met a wonderful member of staff named 'Carloita' on reception and she asked when chatting about our stay. I said we absolutely loved it and will be back but advised what happened with my wife and she was genuinely disappointed for us.
I also learned that it was her that had so kindly (without me knowing) upgraded our room to a fabulous suite, decorated the bed with Rose petals and left my wife a little gift bag of spa treats like creams and shampoos etc. and some gorgeous little cake treats. All out of pure kindness and free. I knew nothing of it until we walked into the room. We were blown away to say the least.
She advised that she would be more than happy to recreate this for me on our return when my wife was better, which again she didn't have to offer and I again was so thankful. If a manager reads this please know you have a wonderful staff member and anything you can do to recognise this please do so. She went way above and beyond to make everything special for us. So we'll definitely be back, we've found a new favourite place to spend time together. I just have to keep a surprise for a 2nd time.
Hope this helps people looking for a nice place to spend time with partners, friends, family for special occasions or just because you can. If we were getting married now we'd pick here for sure.
Again thank you Carloita you made our stay at The Stanneylands

2  Thank Stuart D
Stanneylands, General Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with is here at The Stanneylands. I honestly believe The Stanneylands is the perfect retreat to simply get away from it all get pampered for a couple of days. I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about the team and how they looked after you and your wife.

We constantly encourage our team to go that extra mile to ensure our guest enjoy that extra special experience and I have to say Carlotta is by far and away the best team member who practices this on a regular basis. I have spoken directly with Carlotta this morning and praised her for her initiative and thoughtfulness, and sent her home today with a smile on her face and nice bottle of Champagne to enjoy.

My personal thoughts are is that this type of feedback is one of the main reasons why we are in this wonderful industry.

I am so pleased you had such a wonderful stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Stanneylands again very soon.

Terence P Southward

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My wife and I stayed at this charming hotel for two nights so that we could attend a wedding at a venue in the nearby village of Style.
We were given a room on the lower ground floor, number 1115, which although was comfortable and clean was quite traditional in its decor. The bed was very comfortable and as a light sleeper I was very pleased to find out that external noise was at a minimum, despite the hotel being very busy on our second night which was a Saturday.
The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, always greeting us with a smile and a cheery hello.
We ate in the Tap and Pantry restaurant, which was attached to the main bar, on our first night and for £24 enjoyed a seafood platter for two that did not disappoint or leave us wanting more food. Breakfast was included and served in the same place and had plenty of choice from continental to a full English, all served once again with a smile.
There was another restaurant in the hotel but we did not use it.
I would definitely recommend this delightful quaint hotel and hope to return one day when I have more time to explore this beautiful part of the country.
Thank you to all of the staff for making the weekend a happy one!

1  Thank Tony C

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review following your recent short break here at The Stanneylands. I was delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us I sincerely hope this last visit will encourage you to return again in the near future.

Terence P Southward