All reviewsthe main housegarden lodgemusic roomafternoon teabeautiful groundsgilbert's restaurantlibrary barbeautiful hoteldrawing roomanne mariefour poster bedcountry housewedding partyold housewedding breakfastsconesduty manager
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Hotel is a beautiful old building in lovely gardens. Room (in the annex) was spacious and comfortable. Easy access to London on the Underground from Stanmore. However, the hotel staff are not particularly welcoming or friendly. Someone was promised to show us to our room in the annex, but never came. There were problems with unexpected charges on the bill, and a wedding at the weekend made it difficult for us as ordinary guests - no parking, and much noise. We were kept awake all night by drunken wedding guests partying in the next room.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

I was visiting London for a business trip. I wanted to combine the trip with some time with my wife and so we booked an overnight stay here as it was away from hustle bustle. We had dinner, bed and breakfast and my wife stayed for lunch the following day relaxing in the quiet morning room, drawing room or library before and after. The staff were very attentive, rooms comfortable clean and we found the food was excellent. Good value.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business, I didn't arrive until the evening and the drive/appearance of the main house is very creepy!! Check in took about 20 minutes, I stayed in the Garden Suites, the entrance is unsecured and you can access without a keycard worryingly!

I've stayed a quite a few Best Westerns previously and this is the worst one in my opinion. Rooms are tired, walls are thin - I had screaming kids in the room next to mine, and I didn't sleep well as the 'double' was a twin lock bed.

Breakfast was nice though and everything is freshly cooked to order.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel recently overnight.. rooms spacious well decorated and clean..breakfast was very nice overall very good hotel with excellent customer service. We arrived quite late but were still shown to our room and the enterence to the resteraunt..the service at breakfast was also good

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2016

My husband and I had an amazing meal at the Grymsdyke on Friday. The standard is very high. Service is impeccable and the food beautifully served. Truly delicious. Personally, I couldn't eat some of the food on the menu and I called ahead to arrange. They couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. We had an overnight and breakfast at a reasonable add-on price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple