1,264 results
All reviews beautiful hotel afternoon tea cavendish restaurant coffee machine sandwiches the main house terrace bar lovely setting deluxe room beautiful grounds the general manager course meal birthday treat lovely room wedding party my mum a lovely stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely place in a fantastic location lovely food, and amazing staff. All the cakes were home made, and it showed. Hayley our waitress was really attentive and pleasant.we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy M
Nimo A, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor.

I am soo glad you enjoyed your stay and will pass your feedback onto the team. We all work so hard to ensure your experience is truly enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!.

Visited for a friends birthday celebration Afternoon Tea
The setting is fabulous. Sadly the tea is so disappointing. Whilst the staff did their best. The quality of the food was so dull. My coffee was weak and bitter. The sandwiches were spread with thick butter which masked the flavours. The jam for the scones was sour and the cakes were heavy.
Such a shame. Could had been on par with the West End hotels. Sadly a poor alternative

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving your review on trip advisor,

We are very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us and would have welcomed your feedback on the day to correct any problems. I am very saddened to hear that your experience was not that as expected.

Thank you for the feedback. It is with honest and open feedback that we can improve our experience for yourselves and all of our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place has a great location: only a couple of miles from Elstree and about 12 miles from central London, but set in extensive grounds so it feels like you’re out in the countryside.
The decor is amazing (of course: it’s all Laura Ashley) and rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable.
The shower in our room was absolutely appalling though: if we’d been staying longer we’d have had to ask to move as there’s no way you could wash long hair under that tiny trickle of water!
The staff are lovely but the service isn’t that efficient: service in the bar, restaurant and at reception were all slow and we were overcharged when checking out: this was quickly resolved when we questioned it however.
Wish we’d had enough time for a game of giant chess (next time maybe...)

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked 2 nights here as we were going to see Strictly Come Dancing at Elstree Studios. First impressions were great. Beautiful property, stunning grounds and helpful reception staff and bar staff. Bit of a trek to the bedrooms so not recommended for anyone with problems as no lifts. Things took a downturn when we booked in for dinner which we were told was adviseable. We selected from the menu in our room but arriving in the dining room we were presented with an A La Carte menu at a much greater price. No- one had made clear there was a difference. Anyway we went to the small bar and chose from that. This was 7.45pm. We got chatting to a man in the bar so didn’t notice the time, but at 9.15 my husband queried our order. At this point a table of 10 were also asking where their food was - and they were there before us! We gave up and went back to our room. I had a shower Saturday morning only to find the shower only worked on one setting so just a dribble and the shower head was blocked. There was an all singing all dancing toilet that seemingly “hasn’t worked for years” despite the instruction manual being present. The worst part was getting into bed and realising that at the side of the bed nearest the window was a pungent smell of stale urine. I complained at reception who did offer to move us. We were dashing off to Strictly though and couldn’t face the upheaval. I suspect someone tried to do “something “ about it as when we got back late Saturday night the smell was far worse! It was a shame that such a beautiful hotel was so tired. We left at 7.00am Sunday morning, deciding not to experience the poor breakfast for a second time. Definitely not worth the money. On the plus side the limited staff who seemed to be working under pressure and understaffed, tried hard to pacify the many complaints we witnessed.

Room Tip: Ask for help with luggage
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FOREVER by Rose J

Good Evening,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor,

I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for the service upon your recent visit.

Everything we do here at Laura Ashley The Manor revolves our guests experience and I am saddened to hear you did not enjoy yours, however, thank you for the honest and open feedback, It is with this we can improve our service for yourselves and all of our future guests.

I hope we can welcome you again to show you the true Laura Ashley Experience.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Let's start with the food. Restaurant had all except two dishes of fish. One of those was veggy. As I don't like fish, this meant I couldn't use this facility. The bar menu however is a lot better and has more options. Good food of good quality but not great quantity. Another guest had cold food.
I upgraded to the main building and the room was clean, large and had everything needed. Great views from the back over london and grounds are really nice.
Reception was very helpful. On leaving I was stung by a hornet while manager and staff watched on. The receptionist had to push past to ask what I was shouting for. A bag of ice is all I got. No ointment and no accident book.
Overall a nice hotel with great breakfast and good bar food most of the time. Excellent rooms nice and clean with good facilities.

Room Tip: Main house is worth the extra
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Nimo A, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor.

I am soo sorry to hear of your mishap with the local wildlife, however, unfortunately due to legal reasons we are not able to provide any ointment , however, there are plenty of firstaiders on site to help where we can!

I do hope you feel much better!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.