“Can’t poach an egg”

Ranked #74 of 239 Restaurants in Blackburn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I would like to start this reviews on a positive. I have visited twice in April and the staff were very helpful allowing me to slightly change a meal for a healthier option. Namely swopping chips for jacket potato and fried eggs for poached eggs. Now to the negative last night after asking again for soft poached eggs they brought hard fried eggs. I mentioned this to the waitress and she said “we don’t do poached eggs” to which I advised her that I had had them twice the previous month. She then took them away only to return 2 minutes later to tell me that they didn’t have anyone that could do poached eggs. I didn’t want to embarrass my family members so I didn’t say anything further and just left the eggs. Notice to management get a chef that can cook poached eggs or get staff trained at the point of ordering that can point this out then I can order an alternative. Thanks

1  Thank mummybear2222
Andy B, General Manager at Fernhurst Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m sorry that things weren’t right on your latest visit; I am very keen to learn more about your experience.

If you wish to speak myself about your visit, please call on 01254 693541.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Everyone we’re friendly and Lewis was very helpful ..
Be back soon mmmm especially big plate special ..not far to go so very handy to pop in when we’re hungry !,,.

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m pleased you had a good time and we do hope to see you soon! I will ensure Lewis is thanked for his help!

If there is anything we can do in the meantime, or if you wish to speak with a Duty Manager, please call us on 01254 693541.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my my family went in for a meal to try it out. The food was brilliant and very reasonable prices!

The barmaid Jade was brilliant and alwyas smiling making it feel more than welcoming!

Happily be visiting again soon!

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m pleased you had a good time and we do hope to see you soon! I will pass on your thanks to Jade and ensure she is recognised for her efforts.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Despite being busy, service is fast and the food is fine for the price, typical chain pub grub. Staff are attentive, and tables cleared quickly. Thanks to Claire, who was especially helpful sorting desserts for us, saving us a queue at the bar.

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m pleased you had a good time and we do hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

What a lovely pub! Great for the sporting enthusiasts with screens everywhere and lots of seating booths also with small screens so you don’t miss any of the action. We went there for the Sunday Roast which was a bargain at only £10 for two! The beef was so tender, Yorkshire pudding one of the best I’ve had and everything was great! Those having chicken dishes instead said they were lovely so definitely recommend. Plenty of parking and a lovely building.

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m pleased you had a good time and we do hope to see you soon for your next Sunday roast!