“Birthday Gift”

Ego at Tumbledown Farm, Cannock
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Cannock
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy freshly cooked Mediterranean food, wine, cocktails and cask ales in a beautifully restored character pub on the edge of rural Staffordshire. Situated along the A5, only 3 miles from Cannock town centre and just South of the beautiful Cannock Chase, Ego at Tumbledown Farm is a must visit for its Mediterranean food, family friendly dining, local cask ales and Sunday roasts. Our menu boasts a mixture of the best cuisine from across the Mediterranean including French, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Moroccan classics. Our a la carte menu offers plenty of fish and seafood options, delicious steaks, pizza, pasta and paella as well as a large choice of vegetarian dishes to choose from.
Reviewed 28 October 2021

Used a free meal birthday offer, everything from service, food and venue perfect as always.
Surprisingly busy for midweek which is always nice to see.

Date of visit: October 2021
Guest Relations Manager, Owner at Ego at Tumbledown Farm, Cannock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2021

Thank you for the 5 - stars!

Glad to hear you had the best time,

Hope to see you again soon :)

Write a reviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed 27 October 2021

First off the smell that hits you when you get out of your car is beautiful and makes you hungry even if you aren't. Secondly the ambiance is lovely and very welcoming and makes you want to eat here also had a lovely welcome on arrival. I have to eat gluten free and Ego is the best gluten free menu of any restaurant I have ever visited, it is amazing to have choice. After deciding what we wanted I opted for the king prawn starter which was probably one of the nicest meals I have ever had and my husband had the garlic mushrooms which he said were also lovely. Think my husband would have preferred a different type of bread with his but other than that our starters were definitely 5 stars. I opted for hanging chicken and my husband went for a ribeye steak. My hanging chicken was absolutely beautiful and I could not fault it whatsoever. My husbands steak was a bit of a disappointment, quite fatty and as he isn't someone to kick up a fuss he just eat it, he only managed to get 2 good mouthfuls. He said all his side accompaniments were beautiful and very tasty. Had my husbands steak been good this would have easily got 5 stars. I think my only other critisism is because the tables for 2 are quite small maybe the water glasses and menus should be taken away when the food arrives however they weren't and the table was quite cramped. (but this is a really small critisism) I will definitely be visiting again and would highly recommend based on our experience.

Date of visit: October 2021

Thank you for your lovely comments, Joanne,

Glad to hear you love our gluten-free menu - please always let a member of staff know if you are unhappy with anything we are always happy to replace any dishes if they are not up to the normal ego standard.

We look forward to seeing you and your husband again so we can make it a 5 - star next time :)

Reviewed 27 October 2021

Have never had a bad meal here, the food is always really delicious. And the prices are really good as there is always some kind of promotion or discount available.
The place itself is gorgeous, lovely decor and the atmosphere is very relaxing.
The staff are always so friendly and helpful and go that extra mile to make sure you feel welcome.
The only negative for me are the toilets. I must confess though that I hate public toilets but these toilets are a tight squeeze, toilet seats can be loose and they are not always the cleanest.
Apart from the toilets everything else here is perfect, it's one of my favourite places to go in Cannock.

Date of visit: October 2021

Thank you for the 4 - stars!

Glad to hear you had a lovely evening dining with us,

I will pass your feedback on to the management regarding the toilets,

Hope to see you all again soon :)

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

Average at best, food really bland. Camembert undercooked. Pizza soggy in middle.chicken paella had 2 tiny bits of chicken. Over charged on bill. Staff friendly and beautiful restaurant, let down by kitchen.

Date of visit: October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review,

Sorry to learn about your disappointment - please always let a member of staff know if you are unhappy with anything so they can address and resolve any issues.

I will pass your feedback on to the kitchen and management.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately recently this is the second visit I have been unhappy with. My steak was as tough as old boots and we were here over 2.5 hours in total, waiting and waiting and waiting. Having been offered a dessert on the house, we waited a further 25 mins. Not great!

Sorry to hear this,

I apologize for any delays you may have experienced when dining with us.

I have passed the feedback on to the management to ensure all these issues are addressed in the weekly team meeting.

Hope you can give us another chance so we can make it a 5 - star next time :)