All reviewsflat screen tvfreeview channelstea and coffee making facilitiesdouble bedthe staff were greatwetherspoons
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Breakfast = poo
Room = poo
Hygiene = poo
Pool table = ripped poo cloth
No beers on draught
16 steps within the bedroom
No shower
No hot water
Smartprice coffee at breakfast - also not allowed juice with breakfast if you choose tea or coffee

I will not stay here again, not will I even joke about recommending it. IF YOU WANT TO STAY HERE BRING YOUR OEN BED AND SHOWER.

Although, I must say I did enjoy leaving!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Charles F
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I booked the hotel for £33 one nights stay on Wednesday 4th of April 2018
The receptionist took my card details in case of damages.( which looking back now is ridiculous)
Once I arrived I was put in room 132 on the second floor with no lift, not a good start.
The room was not clean and the mattress needs to be thrown out.
There were hairs that were not mine on the bedding and the pillow case was stained.
I spoke to reception and she moved me to 126 on the second floor.
A twin room with beds that need to be disposed of, the beds had extra covers to top of the sealed zip cover in what I assume to be an attempt to conceal how dirty they are.
I did not use the bath and found the whole place unhygienic as my photos will display.
There was a hairdryer which does not have any safety certificate and does not meet with fire safety regulations.
The bath surround was in a poor condition and the sash cord window had no sash so slammed down unexpectly.
There is no soundproofing between rooms and I highly recommend that you do not stay here.

What an upsetting experience, I have travelled to over 80 hotels and this is the worst.
On checking out I voiced my complaints politely and got an apology, that’s a long way from a refund and my lack of sleep made me unable to fight on, so to speak

Room Tip: Don’t stay here you will be dissapointed
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Whoisatit
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Maybe hotel isn't too stars, however for the price, location and absolutely wonderful staff, it's really worth it. The boy from the breakfast is pretty much the nicest person in the world. Visited hotel few times already, and always happy to return to the same place. I would highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malgorzatka
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I was booked into this hotel by the organisers of an exhibition. Had I been booking the accommodation myself, I would never have stayed there, the reviews I read afterwards were really bad and totally justified.

It's a very old building but the only area that is in good condition is the public area on the ground floor which is the bar. There is no lift and the common areas open only to guests are very tatty and not very clean. Conversion to add fire doors has been done without much thought. On the second floor it's positively dangerous as you open the fire door straight onto the top stair going down with no landing.

The sound deadening is non-existent.

On checking in I tried to book breakfast but was told they were fully booked for the next morning and I couldn't have anything to eat. This despite the fact that I was on my own and the other two in my party could not come - lucky them !

On going upstairs to the second floor, the place was freezing. I was told that the heating had failed and they were waiting for the engineer. I was given a pathetic little electric heater that just about took the chill off.

There was only one double socket in the room so it was TV and heater and no phone charger. No wifi in the room, of course ! To my amazement there was no shower in my room only an old chipped bath without even a mixer tap and shower hose. Prehistoric ! When I tried to run some hot water there was none. I had to wait till morning for a bath.

With nowhere else vacant, against my better judgement, I had to stay a second night. This time I was told I could have breakfast but, even though my room had been paid for and they had insisted on having my credit card details on booking in, they still demanded I paid £8 for breakfast when I booked it. Why ?

The service was pathetic. No place had been made up for me so I had to wait. When I was able to sit, they brought toast and coffee but there was no sugar, teaspoon, butter, jam or marmalade on the table. Nobody noticed so I had to ask for each. The Full English Breakfast was so-so : small portions including two very thin and short sausages - but the coffee was extremely poor.

The final ignominy : When I commented that, unlike the rooms, the ground floor was warm, a member of staff said that's because the owner isn't prepared to turn the heating on upstairs until it's a bit colder !!!! Says it all really.

DON'T STAY THERE !!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there !!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Can't even get hot water for a shower a waste of time, don't waste your money here I really couldn't believe a hotel with no hot water forced to go elsewhere to shower I know it's a budget hotel but essentials are essential !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends