“Worst experience at surfing. Also, paid in advance for 3 days and they didn't want to give back my money.”

Kailua Surf School Fuerteventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our surf school, surf camp and surf shop are based in Corralejo, in the North part of Fuerteventura, near the best Fuerteventura surf spots (El Hierro, Los Lobos, El Cotillo).We provide from beginner to advanced surf courses for everybody.We are here to teach you surfing, have fun and great time in beautiful waters.
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I'm at intermediate level in surfing, been surfing in Tenerife and Nusa Lembongan, so I can make a fair comparison. We were 14 people in the group with 2 instructors, that didn't give any info about the currents and landscape. The surfing spot was full of surfers, body boarders, people with kids....it was like a traffic jam on the highway. It was not safe for us or for the other 60-80 people around us.
In the end, each of us just did what we already knew, with no guidance.
Because I was so excited for these surfing days, I've paid in advance the 3 days of surfing. When we got back to the surfing school, I said that I just don't want to go with them and I want my money back for the 2 days left. They were acting really rude and said that they a policy of no refund unless you're in the hospital (the owner is a Spanish old lady, but the others are Italians, so I could understand quite well what they were talking). After 15 min of arguing, my husband (he is a lawyer) point out that we didn't sign anything and finally we received a part of the amount. We left disappointed by the whole experience.

Adan160, Manager at Kailua Surf School Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Sorry but we did not had you in our surf school !

Reviewed 8 June 2018

It was my second time surfing and this is hands down the best experience I've ever had with the most improvement, the teachers were all helpful and friendly. New equipment and free drink at the bar afterwards. Super friendly vibes. Instructors gave lots of constructive criticism and I had an amazing time, was able to ride a few green waves after a couple days!!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Bhavana surf house is the perfect place to combine surf, chill out and great people for sharing holidays! I had one amazing week there! Instructors are great and avaliable for every kind of clarification! All wetsuits and material are new! On my first day i got to use new wetsuit and new surf baord, that was avesome! It seams they upgraded for the new material that week. Absolutely recommended!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Gave us good opportunity to learn surfing and explore Fuerteventura. The team is professional with proven experience. The house and rooms were clean, as I counted 2 people responsible for cleaning. Personnel is very helpful: they helped us with the excursions at the island. We are so happy that we chose this camp for our winter vacation. Thanks a lot for unforgettable moments in the water and outside. Good luck!